Best Digital Marketing To Increase Web Traffic On A Budget: 6 Principles
If you want to discover the best digital marketing to increase web traffic, you’ve come to the right place. Digital marketing can be complex — and finding the best strategy for your business is often a frustrating process. You want rapid results, you haven’t got time to do a detailed course in digital marketing, and you’re on a tight budget — but these don’t need to be obstacles in the way of your success. Keep reading to discover how you can achieve great results without breaking the bank.
Rapid Results From Digital Marketing Strategy
There are a variety of strategies that you can use to increase your web traffic — without spending a fortune on PPC and paid social media marketing. However, there’s one technique that stands out as the most effective means of rapidly boosting your website traffic.
Getting your content to go viral is probably the best means of rapidly increasing your website traffic — and the good news is that you don’t have to pour a lot of money into it, either. There are plenty of success stories online of businesses who’ve used viral marketing without spending anything. So, how does viral marketing work?
I’m not going to lie — viral marketing requires more effort than other types of digital marketing. Despite the time spent on creating content for your viral marketing strategy, you don’t have to wait to see the results in the way that you do with other methods of marketing. In our opinion, viral marketing is the best digital marketing to increase web traffic on a budget.
How Does Content Go Viral?
Whilst you’ll hear stories of content that’s gone viral seemingly by accident, in most cases it takes a carefully implemented strategy to achieve the results you need. Essentially, there are three main elements involved in creating viral content.
- You need to create content that is bold, attractive, and communicates your message clearly — and which is really easy to share.
- You need to create content that’s free — paid content is unlikely to go viral — and that your audience will find valuable.
- You need to create content that’s high quality and as unique as possible — to increase the chances that your followers will share it.
5 Viral Marketing Principles You Need to Know
These viral marketing principles have been tried and tested and proved to be the most effective means of increasing your web traffic.
- Give away something valuable to your audience. This might be a free trial, free product, discount coupon, a free digital download or some other kind of offer. People — no matter who your target audience is — love freebies. The more valuable your give away is to your target audience, the more likely it is to go viral. Value means people will share your content, and this increases your reach as well as getting people talking. Make sure your freebie stands out and is different from any freebies offered by your competitors, as well as helping to solve a problem that your audience has.
- Viral content must make sharing simple. When you create your viral content, you have to consider the ease of sharing, since your audience want the easiest possible option. If your content can be shared in a single click, then the likelihood of it being shared increases. The more steps your audience have to complete, the less likely they are to share it. Keep it simple.
- Understand your target audience’s motivations. This is a powerful principle, because when you understand what motivates your targets, you can take advantage of it. Your audience has problems that you can solve — if you can work out the most important problem they want solving and give them a solution to that problem, you’ll catch their attention quickly. Then they’ll share your content with others who share their motivations.
- Take advantage of your audience’s communication networks. Viral content works best when you use social media networks to their full potential by tailoring your content to the different networks.
- You’re dependent on people sharing your content — so don’t try to cut corners. You have to spend time creating the kind of content that your audience will want to share. This can’t be rushed — but bear in mind that you’ll get more rapid results from viral content than from SEO marketing or PPC marketing, so it’s worth the effort.
Viral Marketing: Best Digital Marketing to Increase Web Traffic
The best digital marketing to increase web traffic on a budget has to be viral marketing. You can try other techniques, of course, but viral marketing gives you the opportunity to get your business noticed without having to spend a fortune on advertising.
The one thing you do need to bear in mind regarding viral marketing is that it will increase your web traffic in the short term, but you will need to keep your increased audience engaged to have the long-term benefits from this marketing strategy.
Originally published at digibizboss.co.uk on January 31, 2019.