An opportunity for change: The evolution of the NodeJs logo
The Node community has been revitalized as of late. Exciting changes to it’s codebase, it’s community, and the world of technology.
A call went out to make this moment meaningful by revisiting the brand.
With confidence, I offer a single proposal
- Simplify and posture the hexagon for meaningful iconic opportunity
- Maintain the original colors, this isn’t the time for departure
- Draw importance to the icon by block’ing the other letters
- Maintain the soft edges — In recognition of Node’s approachability
- A cursive accent to promote a positive feminine-friendly image
- Bulletproof readability & flexibility at any size or color(s)
- Subtle mathematic relationships tribute Node’s attention to detail
- Mixed type to symbolize maturity, harmony, and Node project variety
The vectors, etc. need to be matured to be production-ready, so please take it with a grain of salt. Feel free to download the illustrator-editable PDF and do whatever you’d like with it.