5 Signs That You Need To Need Replace Your Water Heater
A water heater is a must-have for colder weather like winter and monsoons. A hot shower at the end of the day is what we most look forward to and what motivates us to get out of bed each day. A nice hot shower not washes the dirt and germs, but also the day’s frustrations and hurts, leaving us clean in more ways than one. A glorious hot shower is also a great place to think of new ideas and for those who suffer from joint pains, a hot water bath is a soothing and effective way to get pain relief.
However, a water heater is not forever. One needs to replace it when it starts to break down otherwise they can cause major accidents, damage and even death. Replacing a water heater is easy, one has a wide variety to choose from like, storage, gas and instant water heater Price for all is reasonable and besides, money is a small price to pay for safety and good health. Big or small, one can buy a water heater to match their budgets and needs. But how to know when you should buy a new water heater? Here are a few signs you should look out for:
• Regular repairs: If your water heater needs regular repairs and mostly for the same issue, then it is certainly time to replace your water heater.
• Temperature issues: If your water heater is not heating water as it used to, with lower temperatures, higher heating times, or lower quantities, it may be time to replace your water heater. This sign may be due to build up of sediment or failure due to age. One can get the heating element replaced but it may not always be a feasible option due to price and age.
• Age: Older water heaters need more frequent inspections schedules. Water heaters over 10 years old need to be checked for the condition of the anode rod and sediment build-up along with leaks.
• Leaks: Old or new, leaks are a serious issue when it comes to water heaters. Sudden major leaks may damage your home severely while smaller leaks may go unnoticed till its too late.
• Rusty water: If your water heater is giving out rusty water or water that visibly tastes of rust, it signifies that the tank is corroding and that it is time to replace the water heater.
So as you can see, a vigilant eye on your water heater can save you a lot of money, time, effort and trouble. As we discussed, prices for water heaters, especially instant water heater price is extremely reasonable and there is one to fit every budget. If your water heater is showing any of these signs, do not wait. Immediately buy a new water heater and get it installed by an authorised technician. In matters of water heaters, it is better to be safe than sorry, hurt and out of cash.