Stepper Motor Replace in Pointer Gauges
The world is digital today, and most information is represented in numbers. However, human nature is more “analog” and better represented in an old-fashioned way, using pointer gauges and bar graphs. Pointer gauges can be found in many applications. Automobiles, trains, and even modern aircraft dashboards. It does not look like good old pointer gauges will disappear in the near future.
An efficient way to control a pointer gauge is to use a stepper motor. A stepper motor is an electromechanical device that converts electrical pulses into discrete mechanical movements. The shaft or spindle of a stepper motor rotates in discrete step increments when electrical command pulses are applied to it in the proper sequence. The motor’s rotation has several direct relationships to these applied input pulses. The sequence of the applied pulses is directly related to the direction of motor shafts rotation. The speed of the motor shafts rotation is directly related to the frequency of the input pulses.
Advantages of using stepper motors
- The motor has full torque at standstill (if the windings are energized).
- Precise positioning and repeatability of movement since good stepper motors have an accuracy of 3–5% of a step and this error is noncumulative from one step to the next.
- Excellent responsiveness to starting/stopping/reversing.
- The motor’s response to digital input pulses provides open-loop control, making the motor simpler and less costly to control.
- It is possible to achieve very low-speed synchronous rotation with a load that is directly coupled to the shaft.
- A wide range of rotational speeds can be realized since speed is proportional to the frequency of the input pulses.
A perfect way to control a pointer gauge is to use a small stepper motor specially designed for pointer control. Today, many companies provide stepper motors for gauges which quality varies greatly. SA1077–1 stepper motor is among the first class quality level. And it is an optimal choice for OE replacement, it works just like the original.
SA1077–1 goes exclusively for BMW 7 series / F01 / F02 / F03 / F04 / F07 / F08 / F10 / F11, GT. It is mainly used in dashboard or instrument cluster or some other digital indicator equipment to transfer a digital signal into an accurate analog display. The metal shaft is 8mm long.
Advantages are as follows,
- High precision in positioning and indication
- Small & stable hysteresis, minimized position error.
- Low noise
- High-temperature capacity
- High accuracy internal stopper design, internal reset supported
- Perform smooth movement under micro-stepping control.
SACER Ltd, established in 2007, is dedicated to developing and producing electronic control modules products for automobile aftermarket, covers a total application area of instrument LCD display, ABS/ECU/repair spare parts, DC motor for the throttle body and automobile semiconductors, etc. And an ODM category of turbo actuator, contactless TPS sensor, ECU, window regulator, EPS/EHPS control board and air flow meter, etc. which requires products with highest stable quality and consistent performance to stand out from the fierce market competition. To learn more about SACER and find out what you need, please check it out at our online shop, https://www.sacer-shop.com
More Info About Sacer, Please visit: