Customer Email Acquisition, Activation & Retention for Dummies
How you can build a formulaic, scalable (and profitable) acquisition channel via email funnels
I gave a talk yesterday at the Ometria Lifecyle event in London about how you can grow your business by building up your email database, then activating it (i.e., getting them to make a first transaction) and driving repeats.
At Boticca, we have built a real formula for this channel and it is by far one of our most predictable (and profitable). It’s a powerful channel that is still seldom or poorly used — apart from the flash sales people like my friends over at SecretSales, SecretEscapes and Vente-Privée who’ve built massive businesses off the back of this strategy. With a little bit of discipline, it is a channel that can work for most.
In this presentation, you’ll learn:
- How to determine if this is the right channel for you (spoiler: it’s more about mentality and less about tools, budget and resource)
- Mapping out your ideal user flow
- Building effective landing pages
- Driving leads
- Measuring, optimising and calculating your CPA
- Driving repeats & growing your lifetime value
Slides below (or on Slideshare):
Thank you for taking the time to read this article and viewing the slides.
Update (02/03/2015): A video of this talk can now be found here on Youtube.