Know More About In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Technology
IVF is the abbreviated form of In Vitro Fertilization. It is defined as the procedure, which makes use of the advanced technology, ART (assisted reproductive technology) for combining a sperm and an egg in the laboratory in a test tube manually. Then, the embryo is transferred to the uterus of the patient. It is a process of fertilization, which is adopted in the following cases:
- Damaged or inefficient or removed fallopian tubes
- Women having complications regarding ovulation
- Women having uterine fibroids
- Male infertility due to reduces motility of sperms or reduction in sperm count.
- Genetic problems
Steps Involved in Vitro Fertilization
The step by step procedure of In Vitro Fertilization is given below sequentially. These steps are followed to make the process successful.
1. Monitoring the developing eggs in the ovaries
2. Collecting the eggs
3. Securing the Sperm
4. Combining the eggs and the Sperm in laboratory and providing apt environment for the fertilization and growth of the embryo in the early stages. This process is also known as the Insemination.
5. Transferring embryos to the uterus
These are the 5 basic steps of In Vitro Fertilization.
India is one of the renowned destinations for carrying out the process of In Vitro Fertilization. Couples from across the globe visit to the various clinics. The success rate of these clinics is extremely high.
The improvement in technology and the medical advancement have led to the development of a lot of IVF clinics. However, it is advised to visit the best IVF center in Delhi having the best IVF doctor Delhi. This is because; this is certainly a very sensitive issue.
Facilities of the Best IVF Center in Delhi
- Advanced medical and technical know how
- Less expensive service
- World class top facilities
- Best IVF Doctor Delhi and dedicated IVF specialists
Side Effects of IVF
Though, most of the women may resume back to their normal lives after carrying out this procedure, some of them may face the following side effects as well. These are as follows:
- Mild cramps
- Breast tenderness
- Vaginal Bleeding
- Blood while urination
- Pelvic pain
- High fever
These side effects are quite common among the patients going through the process of In Vitro Fertilization. Also, the option of multiple pregnancy increases with this treatment. Emotional complications and stress are quite common with the patients. The success of In Vitro Fertilization mainly depends on the maternal age, reason for infertility, lifestyle of the individuals and reproductive history of the patient as well.