India in 69 pictures
We celebrated 69 years of Indian independence yesterday. Like all the bloggers, artists, media houses and social media friends, I wanted to post a tribute to India on this blog. Here are 69 pictures of food, temples, people, palaces and more; taken by me or my friends [Johnshon, Shiva, Krish or Deepan] while traveling across this beautiful country. The pictures are linked to their respective Wikipedia pages for more information.
Note: All these images are under Creative Commons ShareAlike License.
1. Autowala on street of Bangalore.
3. Flower Market in Vajay Nagar, Bangalore
4. Old Banyan Tree, Bangalore
5. Ghee roast Dosa
7. Ethunagaram on banks of Godawari.
8. Charminar, Hyderabad
10. Backwater, making of salt on Chennai-Pondicherry highway
11. Mysore Palace during Durga Puja.
12. Poondi reservoir near Chennai
13. Sakleshpur, Karnataka
14. Paddy plantation near Chennai
15. Priest with morning prayer at Madurai Meenakshi temple.
19. Late night street fooding, Old Delhi with my friend Ashish.
20. Sunrise somewhere on Noida Expressway.
21. Rishikesh, bank of river Ganges.
23. Young priest at Sani dev temple in Vrindavan
24. Mahatma Gandhi Setu, Patna
25. Fish Rice with thick mustard gravy, common cuisine in Bihar & West Bengal .
27. Punaura Dham, Sitamarhi.
28. Chhath Puja
29. Chura Bhuja
33. Ajanta Caves
34. Sculpture at Ellora caves.
35. On way to Kaas Plateau
36. Valley of flowers, Kaas Plateau
37. Bun and Sabzi, Goa.
38. Quite sunrise at Mandrem Beach, Goa
39. Prawn & some fries.
40. Church Square, Goa
41. Autowala on streets of Mumbai with funky lights.
42. Paani Poori on streets of Mumbai
43. Dal Lake, Srinagar
44. Mughal Garden, Srinagar
45. Elders having chit-chat at Leh main market.
46. Pangon Lake, Ladakh
47. Jodhpur Fort
49. Temple on way to Jaisalmer Fort
51. Matka Kulfi
53. Deserted hawelis in Phalodi
55. Authorized bhang shop in Jaisalmer
58. An evening at Thar desert, Jaisalmer
58. Morning breakfast, Bhuj
59. An evening at Mandvi beach
60. It just rained somewhere on way to Anand
61. An evening at Rann of Katch
62. Wooden Ship getting repaired at Mandvi
63. Street market in Dimapur, Nagaland.
64. Peren District, Nagaland
65. On way to Mokokchung, Nagaland
66. On way to Gurudongmar Lake, Sikkim
67. Water streams after hour long rain on way to Lachen, Sikkim
68. Flags with Buddhist chants flying high on street of Gangtok.
69. Local drink made of wheat, maize & it tastes good in one of the local food shop in Gangtok.
Originally published at atuljha.com on August 16, 2015.