The H1-B kids are still there.
I Got Scammed By A Silicon Valley Startup
Penny Kim

You probably just doesn’t realize, but in order to change the employer on H1-B, those “kids” have to find a new company to sponsor them, or otherwise they are going “home”. Besides, the process for changing the employer involves things like providing up to 3 months of the latest paystubs, which is simply impossible if they have only been working there a short time and haven’t been payed in the last few months. The process of employment transfer is generally reviewed in 180 days, and you can’t start a new job until you have a transfer approval.

So, they simply can’t leave unless they are willing to return to the home country.

Show your support

Clapping shows how much you appreciated Ksenia’s story.