3 Books That Will Enhance your Love Life, Upgrade Your Work Life, and Elevate your Mindset
Reading these books can be completely Life-Changing!
1. “The Future of Love: The Power of the Soul in Intimate Relationships” by Daphne Kingma
This is a non-fiction book about intimate relationships.
What you will learn in this book:
- Seven Secret Stages Every Great Relationship and Break Up Recovery Must Complete.
- The 4 Myths of Intimate Relationships that Keep you Stuck in a Cycle of Perpetual Frustration.
- The Damaging Limiting belief that if you want to be loved, you have only 4 options: The 4 Social Myths that unconsciously drive our intimate relationships into the ground. And why this sets you up for ultimate intimate relationship failure and frustration.
- The 10 Qualities of Illuminated Relationships. These types of relationships create expansive joy and ecstasy beyond words!
- The True Purpose of an Intimate Relationship.
- Why so many people are entering relationships that don’t fit the Norm: And why that confuses the hell out of them.
- An Amazing Poem that will completely shift your perspective.
Why This is Important
The Central message of the book: that Love is beyond the form it takes, that Love has many forms, and that Love Itself is calling us to go beyond the form and start experiencing the content of Love!
This message will liberate you from the social programming that is keeping you stuck in frustration, self-doubt, fear and shame.
Who This is For:
This is for you if:
- You feel stuck and confused when it comes to your intimate relationships.
- You’ve experienced very unusual forms of intimate relationships that is causing you shame and confusion because they don’t fit the Social Norm.
- You wish to expand your Heart to allow more love into your life.
How this Book will Change Your Life
It will make you question your social programming and then open your heart to allow a deeper more expansive Love.
Favorite Quotes from the Book
“Love is work of the soul, but for it to be so, we must first do the work of the personality, and this requires self-awareness. Self-awareness is knowing yourself wisely, truly, and deeply, and acting on that knowledge.” — Daphne Kingma
“Aliveness is energy. It’s the juice, the vitality, and the passion that wakes up our cells in the morning. It’s what makes us want to dance. It is the energy that moves a relationship from the status quo to something grander and much more expansive, something that makes our hearts beat faster, our minds, and our eyes wider than ever before.” — Daphne Kingma
“Joy is the true pure state of our souls…
We can strip our lives of whatever stands in the way of our receiving joy — too many things, too much noise, too many cardboard obligations, worry, no sense of humor, not enough quiet time with our own precious bodies and souls. With the words we say, with the way we conduct our passion, by opening ourselves to the blessings of nature, by looking into each other’s eyes — we can create more joy.”
- Daphne Kingma
HOW THIS BOOK HELPED ME
When I read this book 10 years ago, it expanded my heart. Since then, it has been a guiding Light for me, bringing me clarity and inspiration whenever I had doubts or fears or shame.
The book is very unique because its soothing and uplifting message is in no other book I’ve read.
Here’s the passage from the book that has helped me the most:
“I’ve written more than half a dozen books about relationships from the point of view that an intimate relationship is the ultimate container of love in the human experience. As I wrote these books about the traditional forms of relationship, urging people toward the enchantment of romance and the fulfillments of marriage, I watched as my own relationships broke the rules of convention and assumed surprising and extraordinary forms.
At first I thought this was just me, but then I realized everyone I was counseling was also living in relationships that were in conflict with their own definitions of what a relationship should be. Their relationships, too, were turning somersaults and taking on forms that shocked them, and the very strangeness of all this change was sowing a sense of confusion and disaster.
In fact, these startling, new relationships, which conventional minds might call aberrant., are actually Roman candles lighting the way to a world of new possibility.
Something wonderful is happening in all of this chaos but nobody knows what it is. Everybody in this position is thinking, ‘Other people have real relationships. What’s the matter with me?’
There’s nothing the matter with any of us, but there is a grand transformation afoot. A mysterious energy seems to be taking quietly over, and things, we may say, just aren’t the way they used to be. When we say this, we aren’t like our grandmothers, crotchety in their rocking chairs, lamenting the passing of the past. A new world, a new way of being, is being born in our midst. We can feel it.
Things are categorically different. Time has a strange new quality. It passes before we have a moment to rest in it. There’s a new softness in our midst, a way of being with one another, that is gracious and gentle and kind. There is also a beautiful strangely infiltrating awareness, a mystic pulse of connection that seems to be gathering us together. Love is trying to find us.”
- Daphne Rose Kingma, “The Future of Love: The Power of the Soul in Intimate Relationships”
“The Surrender Experiment” by Michael A. Singer
This is an autobiography about the author’s 40-year Surrender Experiment.
What You Will Learn in this Book:
- A powerful story that beautifully portrays inspiration in action.
- What it’s like to live an inspired life and why that is important.
- It took 13 billion years for this moment to arrive. So many people were involved in you reading this very article you’re reading right now: the website designers, the device-makers, the chair you’re sitting, the clothes you’re wearing and so much more. Indeed, it took the entire Universe for Life to bring this very moment to you. Feel your Heart beating right now, pumping thousands of miles of blood throughout your body, keeping you alive. Keep living a life consecrating your creativity so that Life which has given you so much can continue to give.
- Whenever given a choice between your Mouse-Self’s craving to stay small, and Life’s invitation to step into something bigger, choose Life. Keep surrendering to Life’s invitations.
Why This is Important
When we directly access the place of inspiration and creativity on a regular basis, we live a truly creative inspired life. We truly create something new every day instead of constantly re-creating the Past.
And when we simply keep surrendering to Life’s invitations to step into something bigger, we reduce the stress of having to make constant decisions every day.
Who This is For:
This is for you if:
- You get confused by decision-making.
- You’re living an uninspired life. Especially in your work life.
- You’re feeling stuck and/or frustrated.
How This Book Will Change Your Life
This book will change your life if you decide to go through your own surrender experiment every day for at least 30 consecutive days by taking the following steps every morning:
- Get in touch with the still quiet place of inspiration inside you through breathing, meditation, yoga or some other means.
- Immediately afterwards, create something with the intention of transferring the Peace, Joy and Freedom you felt into your creation so that others who look at it, hear it or eat it also feel that Peace, Joy and Freedom. You could paint, sing, cook, draw, rock-balance, write, dance, make random movements and sounds, or something else entirely.
How This Book Changed My Life
It inspired me to go through my own Surrender Experiment for at least 30 consecutive days as I suggested to you above.
This resulted in more success in my business, more love in my relationships, more beauty in my creativity, and more ever-expanding awe in my spiritual growth.
It also led me to really fun awe-inspiring experiences such as the following:
A few months ago, I had such a wonderful experience at Contact Improv. This was a free-flowing dance class with no music. People often did whatever they were inspired to do. They connected in spontaneous ways. The only rule was safety.
Here’s what happened at this class that was life-changing for me (and as a result, everyone whose lives I touched). >>>
During this Contact Improv event, at one point, a woman and I fell into this groove of feeling like she was preparing me for flight. So I started making the hand and arm gesture of flight.
She even commented on it and laughed: “I feel like if we keep doing this, you will fly.”
So we both decided to continue that story.
Then eventually I started making the gesture of flight more pronounced.
After a few minutes, I just knew it was time to get up. So I got up. I spread my arms wide. She put her arms underneath my arms in synergy with what I was doing. So I used those arms to help me lift upwards.
Then I jumped forward.
And in perfect synergistic timing, another man actually came in to the scene and lifted me up, round and round the room!
So I actually got to fly!
It was so beautiful!
It felt so nurturing to be among men and women who are so in tune with themselves and everyone in the room.
This is nurturance culture right there!
It was reading this book that really inspired me to be open to such magical co-creative inspired experiences!
“The Kin of Ata Are Waiting For You” by Dorothy Bryant
This is a fictional book about an alternative human society. They live their lives such that their dreams become more and more beautiful.
And the magic and wisdom of their dreams in turn nourish their daily waking life!
And so, there is a symbiotic feedback loop between their dreams and their life.
What You Will Learn in This Book:
There is so much you will learn in this book just through the energy of the words and the story alone that I can’t even quite put into words right now.
This is why I recommend reading this book slowly with an open heart and body, absorbing the book’s content not just with your eyes but with your whole body.
Why This is Important
It will make decision-making very easy for you.
When in doubt, simply ask: “Will this action create beautiful dreams for me tonight?”
Most likely, if the answer is a resounding “YES!” then it’s for the Highest Good of All including Yourself.
How This Book Will Change Your Life
- It will change your relationship with your own dreams.
- It may cause a spectacular Awakening for you, especially if you follow the following instructions when reading the book:
Touch your heart. Feel it beating, thousands of miles of blood vessels pumping, keeping you alive. Feel the gratitude and love naturally arise from just being aware of that.
Become aware of your eyes, your throat, your shoulders, your heart, your chest, your belly, your pelvis, your thighs, your knees, your legs, your ankles, your feet, your toes.
Become aware of a Blue Light between your eyes. See a line of Light going from that point all the way to the back of your head.Then become aware of another line of Light between your ears crossing the first line. Where they meet in the middle is a blue ball of Light, the center of your Third Eye.
Drop that Blue Light into the Pink Rose in the Center of your Heart.
There is now a big ball of Pink Light in your Heart with Blue Light in the Center shining outwards!
NOW, you can literally SEE with your Heart. Now, read the book by seeing through your Heart.
How This Book Changed My Life (and Can Change Yours Too):
Interestingly, this book came to me at a time in my life when I was having more and more powerful and beautiful dreams that were infusing my life with their wonderful magic, energy and insight.
So, naturally, now that I read this book, I am inspired by the following POWERFUL questions >>>
“How can I live today so that I have beautiful dreams tonight?”
“How can I infuse this day with the magic of the powerful beautiful dreams I have already had?”
It would mean the world to mean if you click the heart-shaped “Recommend” button below because it helps this article reach more people. Thank you so much!
About the Author Kundan Chhabra
Kundan Chhabra is the creator of Emotional Alchemy, a technique to transform emotional pain and its accompanying baggage into fuel for passion and life purpose. He does this through his unique Breakthrough Awakening, the consciousness technology he developed to lead workshop participants through the six levels of self-knowledge.
This approach to healing grew out of Kundan’s lengthy struggle with deep feelings of loneliness, sadness, confusion, powerlessness, which resulted in his feeling trapped and suicidal.
Kundan’s essays have been published in Elephant Journal, and in the book, “Love Like God: Embracing Unconditional Love.” He has led workshops at TEDxUCIrvine, the Goddess Temple of Orange County, Unity of Tustin and Common Ground Spiritual Center.
You can get his course, “7 Keys to Resolve Conflicts in Relationships” at DailyOm.Com
Kundan Chhabra currently helps his clients make Peace with the Story of their Struggle by uncovering their Greatest Gift that’s been hidden in the very story they feel trapped in. He then helps them become so grounded in their Gifts that they become Masters of their Destiny. He is here to nurture the planet’s next Change-Makers and Game-Changers.
Kundan Chhabra is writing an upcoming book on the three Stages of Spirituality called “Phoenix Awakening: How to Make Peace with your Story, Uncover Your Greatest Gift and Co-Create the World of our Dreams”.
He is the founder and host of the Facebook Community, Phoenix Awakening. Join us.