…de quality assurance begins with its author — an obvious point perhaps, but one still worth making. The code author shouldn’t rely on reviews, automated tasks, quality assurance or user testing to pick up errors; when a pull request is opened up, the code, to them at least, should be complete.
“Look at your total monthly income, and divide it up 70/30. 70% of your income should be your day-to-day lifestyle. From the remaining 30%, 10% of that should go into a long-term vehicle like an IRA, etc. 10% should go into a more immediate savings account, intended for a bigger purchase like buying an apartment or condo — an asset, ideally (not a depreciating asset, like a sports car). And the remaining 10% should be yours to enjoy, such as traveling, or donating to a cause you support, etc.”