Waipahu High School Blog 5/3/17
- Can you tell me about a time when you had to ask for help?
I remember coming back after a long absence and realizing i forgot the curriculum and how to do certain methods. I realized that I can’t solve the problem on my own and raised my hand for assistance.
2. Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult colleague. How did you communicate with the colleague effectively?
I remember I was working with a person that didn’t talk that much and it was difficult. I ‘forced’ him to lead the conversation with an old trick by staring at the person which usually makes them say more, it might be weird but it works.
3. Describe a situation in which you met a major obstacle in order to complete a project. How did you deal with it? What steps did you take?
I remember being at lost on the logic of the memories game, I really wanted to complete it on my own without help just to test my knowledge and my current skills. I realized that individual knowledge and skills don’t matter as much because you’ll often be working in a team environment and you have access to Google.
4. Describe a situation in which you felt you had not communicated well enough. What did you do? How did you handle it?
I remember during the App Challenge I wasn’t involved as much in the planning and the discussion. I didn’t want to have zero participation done because that wouldn’t be fair to others so I decided to do the presentation.
5. What would you do if your team members disagreed with your instructions?
If a team member disagreed with me first I would have them explain why they think that way. If we can find a middle ground then I would go for that, if not then I would have a vote with other team members and let the majority decide.