About our tour in Malaga, Ronda was a must. As you know, we were staying in Puerto Banus and from here and drive, it took 50 minutes to get to Ronda. It was the first time we went further by this inner area of Málaga and the views are absolutely stunning.
From the viewpoint “La Espinela” (city center), the stamp is unforgettable! If you want, take a breath and sit down in Parador de Ronda Cafe and admire the view while you drink a beer or a coffee.The whole area of the old town, deserves a slow, quiet walk, watching every corner; obviously is a city rendered the art of bull (Museo de la Tauromaquía), and it shows throughout the city in its corners and its bars. The bridge and “Tajo de Ronda”, is a must and everyboby takes a photo here.
Tajo de Ronda
You cross the bridge and follow the road Armiñan and you will be in Santa Maria Maggiore, where you will see old bells and hear how they sound! Also in this area, we found the Minaret San Sebastián, reminiscent of an ancient muslim mosque. You walking down this street, you have the Bodegas la Sangre de Ronda, where I recommend you to make a stop and enjoy your visit and wines. His old winery has been transformed into the Interpretation Centre Wine Round. We opted to walk up the wall and Almocabar Door (XIII), which was the main entrance to the city and admire the Church of the Holy Spirit, church-fortress, built in the time of Ferdinand the Catholic (s. XV). Ronda has many things to see and enjoy. Here you have a map where you can check.
And how could it be otherwise, in this city are great options to eat, so here we leave some of our experiences:
- Taberna Volapié. City center. There are no words to describe the mojama de atún and huevas de maruca: awesome! Excellent value.
- Bodega Las Caballerías (Setenil, 3). Typical tavern with home cooking. Perfect for tapas: callos, ensaladilla and berenjena con queso (eggplant with goat cheese) were delicious!
- Bodega El Socorro. Near the bullring and therefore in the center, is a good choice for tapas. Expected more but I liked oxtail miniburger. Good value.
- Maruja Limón Bar. Spectacular views and excellent atmosphere on the terrace, especially from 22:00–23.00. Ideal for a drink before going to sleep.
Maruja Limon Bar — Terrace
- Daver. A must for gourmands. Their borrachuelos (sugar pastrie) and chocolates are incredible. Try their ice cream… Delicious!!
Impossible to summarize a visit to Ronda in a few lines! This has been one of those visits that love and hope to repeat soon to learn, know and enjoy more. We will back as soon is possible! Here you are more photos. Hope you enjoy.
Good week to all!