Cinco De Mayo Plans
I’m not a big drinker but I’m a big eater
What are everyone’s Cinco De Mayo plans?? Cinco de Mayo is of course another excuse for me to get my eat and drink on. But I’m broke. So all of this will be done from home as opposed to some crowded bar with the smell of urine and vomit oozing out from every crevasse (this was last years Cinco De Mayo). Can’t say eating from home seems so bad now that I remember last year. Thankfully I’m a fabulous cook and bartender so hopefully the boyfriend won’t feel so deprived of the bar. Of course what is Cinco de Mayo without tacos and margaritas. All of these things are super simple and require little to no skill.
Beef Taco time
- Sauté an onion and garlic until onion is softened.
- Add a pound of ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add a can of tomatoes preferably with chile’s in it.
- Add in a taco seasoning packet and some beer.
- Add black beans or other bean of choice.
- Cook on low for at least twenty minutes
Chop up tomatoes, lettuce, onion and whatever floats you boat and serve buffet style and let people make their own. Of course you will also need sour cream and cheese. And guacamole
Because who doesn’t love this stuff
- Cut at least two avocados in half and remove pits. Scrape out all the avocadoey goodness in put in a bowl.
- Add a little chopped onion and garlic (not a lot or you’ll have bad breath forever).
- Smash up all ingredients until your preferred consistency. I personally like mine a little chunky.
- Squeeze fresh lime and add cilantro
- Shove your face
Give me two margaritas
Of the blood orange variety
Thanks to Nerds with Knives I’m going to test out their blood orange margaritas tonight. Check out their recipe.
Expect a drunken update later tonight with more photos.