This diet is only two days right?
It’s day 2. I’m not going to lie life is a struggle for me today. I thought I ate pretty healthy and that this diet would be a breeze. I love veggies, I love protein how hard could it be?
Day one was great. I had dairy free scrambled eggs with cherry tomatoes and half a sweet potato. Breakfast was good and kept me satiated. I added some coconut oil and cinnamon to the sweet potato since no maple or butter is allowed.
Lunch was a boring cup of homemade chicken soup and an apple with cashew butter.
But dinner was the real winner here. It was like being on a tropical island laying on the beach with hot muscular men walking around passing skewers of meat all day while your sipping margaritas. If like me, you can’t afford to go on a tropical vacation make these instead.
Coconut Lime Chicken Skewers
- Make the marinade- finely chop 2 cloves of garlic, melt coconut oil in microwave safe bowl, add coconut milk, juice of three limes, and ground ginger.
- Throw in either Tupperware or ziplock bag and let chicken sit in marinade for a few hours. The longer it sits the better it’ll taste. You don’t want your chicken to be too thin since it will be going on skewers so keep it on the thicker side (I made this mistake).
- Cut onions, bell peppers, and leave button mushrooms whole. Coat in olive oil salt and pepper and toss.
- Chop chicken
- Let the grill heat up on medium high heat
- Alternate the veggies and chicken onto skewers
- Put on the grill turning the skewers every few minutes. The whole process should take about 8 mins
I really wish I had pineapple to throw on the skewers so be sure to add that if you have it.
Now back to my misery
Today I don’t think I was prepared enough. I don’t want to even share with you my recipes because they were not satisfying. I was hungry, cranky, and tired all day. All I can say is thank God for 🍠🥔. Please paleo friends leave me encouragement and delicious recipes. And non paleo friends tell me about all the delicious carbs and cheesey things you’re eating.