How map affect this generation?
I still remember when I was a child, my parents always put a paper map on the car when they took my sibling and me to travel. As time goes by, we don’t need paper map anymore unless you don’t have phone and internet.
In earlier times, if we wanted to go to some place that we didn’t know. We have to ask local people who are living there. In this day and age, all we have to do is ask our phone. It will tell us which intersection should we turn and how far will we get there.
There are a lot of excellent map Apps in this world, such as Google Maps, Apple Maps, Baidu Maps, Naver Maps etc. They get cartographic data from other companies, TomTom, for example, is a Nederland company which provide cartographic data and navigation data.
Also, we have a lot of services in daily life which are connect to digital map, such as Uber, Airbnb, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Those Apps embed map more or less.
As we know, Android is a mobile operating system developed by Google. So it is make sense that Android developer choose Google Map to embed in their Apps.
Now, I will share the basic usage about Google Map. Including how to build an App with map, custom marker, fetch data from Google Place API or Google Direction API, draw route etc.
- Android Google Maps Simple Usage — Introduction (you’re here)
- Android Google Maps Simple Usage — Initial Project with Map
- Android Google Maps Simple Usage — Custom Marker and Zoom Function
- Android Google Maps Simple Usage — Google Places API
- Android Google Maps Simple Usage — Google Directions API
- Android Google Maps Simple Usage — Conclusion