When I was about 7 or 8, I threw up after eating chocolate chip ice cream. I have no idea why I threw up and whether it had ANYTHING to do with the chocolate chip ice cream, but in my mind, the two are forever linked. Hence, now decades later, I cannot even look at chocolate chip ice cream. Your description of said item made me gag ever so slightly.
So, while I wish you luck, my unknown friend, I am unable to sign a petition or walk in a picket line to help you. It was difficult enough to even write this and continue to mention that ice cream flavor that cannot usually be mentioned in my head. But I felt your pain and wanted to acknowledge it.
PS. I had absolutely nothing to do with its absence