Comparison of Commons VFS, SSHJ and JSch Libraries for SFTP Support
This is a comparison of the research done by Sandra Parsick. This analyze a deeper comparison of SSHJ, Apache’s Commons VFS and JSch libraries for SFTP support.
The comparison is done under following categories:
* Client authentication over password/public key
* Server authentication
* Upload/Download files over SFTP
* Execute plain shell commands
* File operations on the remote host like move, delete, list over SFTP
- JSch seems to be the de-facto standard for Java.
- SSHJ is a newer library. Its goal is to have a clear Java API for SSH.
- The goal of Commons VFS is to have a clear API for virtual file systems and SFTP is one of the supported protocol. But under the hood it uses JSch for the SFTP protocol.
Some weeks ago I evaluated some SSH libraries for Java. The main requirements to them are file transferring and file…www.javacodegeeks.com
Apache Commons VFS 2.0 adds support for FTPS and WebDav have been added in addition to many bugs being fixed. Version 2…commons.apache.org