Comparison of Commons VFS, SSHJ and JSch Libraries for SFTP Support
This is a comparison of the research done by Sandra Parsick. This analyze a deeper comparison of SSHJ, Apache’s Commons VFS and JSch libraries for SFTP support.
The comparison is done under the following categories:
* Client authentication over password/public key
* Server authentication
* Upload/Download files over SFTP
* Execute plain shell commands
* File operations on the remote host like move, delete, list over SFTP
- JSch seems to be the de-facto standard for Java.
- SSHJ is a newer library. Its goal is to have a clear Java API for SSH.
- The goal of Commons VFS is to have a clear API for virtual file systems and SFTP is one of the supported protocol. But under the hood, it uses JSch for the SFTP protocol.