UrbanAMA Guide To Hosting An AMA
Ask Me Anything. On Video. Or Over Twitter.
- Get the app! It is currently on the iPhone only (sorry Android users!).
- Login using Twitter to maximize your visibility. You can always use the app without Twitter if you prefer that.
- Provide location permissions so you can maximize interactions with people in your area and follow AMAs in your area. We DO NOT reveal your precise location on the app.
- Provide your real name and choose 3 or more topics of interest. That’s it!
Host an AMA!
- Touch the camera icon on the bottom tab to get started. Provide camera, photos and microphone permissions to be able to record videos.
- Touch and hold the center camera shutter icon (it has your profile photo in it) to record a video. To start off an AMA, record an intro video.
- Add a title to your AMA. Add any text or stickers to your video.
- Set a hashtag and share to Twitter to get questions from Twitter.
- That’s it! Your AMA is live at this point.
A note about hashtags: Stay away from popular hashtags to avoid being trolled on. Choose a hashtag relevant to your AMA to get better questions.
Respond & Discuss!
- If you are hosting an AMA, provide notification permissions so you know when others add questions/posts to your AMA.
- On any post, double tap to respond.
- Swipe up to see responses and swipe right/left to see more questions.
- Swipe up with two fingers to upvote any post. Swipe down with two fingers to downvote.
A note about downvoting: Do not downvote if you simply disagree with the post. Downvote posts only if you think they are offensive or inappropriate.
- Deep like a post by touching and holding on it — draw patterns to see hearts flying by!
- While editing a post, to change font on text you are typing, touch the ‘T’ text icon and drag down.
Go ahead. Host your AMA today. Follow AMA highlights on the UrbanAMA publication.