Five Ways to Market Your Social Media Management Services
Marketing your social media management services to decision makers is one of the toughest things you may face. Being a social media manager should give you some insight on successful ways to sell your services to those potential clients that may still be ìon the fenceî as to whether or not they want to ìtake the plunge.î
First of all, you need to have a portfolio. In that portfolio, you need to make sure it’s detailed. Make sure it is neat and ready for presenting to those that you plan on marketing your services to. Ensure you include some examples of statistics for previous clients. This would need to be similar to a comparative analysis. You want to show potential clients what you can do for their business. These decision makers want to understand why your services are valuable. You will have to prove yourself to them by showing them statistics that are real, and results of your work.
Sad but true — even some of the largest executives in corporations are not going to immediately understand how valuable social media can be to their business. Much of this is due to the fact that they do not understand how it all works. Itís not because these people are not well-educated. Many times itís just simply the unknown. They may be an expert in their field, but they have no idea how, when or where to begin a successful social media campaign.
Some great ways to market your social media management services are:
1. Design a website that contains current statistics and data related to your ongoing projects. Include information about competitors as well. You also need to make sure you completely understand metrics and analytics of websites. Include success stories and testimonials in your sites content.
2. Do what you do and sell what you sell. This simply means that you need to turn to the social media sites in order to help funnel those prospects into customers.
3. Webinars are a great way to sell your services. Invite prospects to attend. This is a great way to display your data, speak with them and let them know what you can do for their company.
4. Place ads online or in the local news publications. When you are first getting started, this is a great way to spread the word. Word of mouth is also a good way to let others know what you are involved in.
5. Put your creativity in action and use your knowledge to market your skills. Think in terms of how you handle social media campaigns for clients and put those proven methods to work for you. If it works for them, most likely it will begin to work for you.
Marketing is never an easy task and as time goes on, it becomes more competitive. Making that first connection with a prospect is where it all begins. Make it count! Itís the initial step that will open the door and allow you the opportunity to turn those prospects into paying clients.
For more up to date information about your Social media management or if you would like to attend our online training event, click here.