In this article, I would like to share the resources I used to help me learn Firebase for web development.
TLDR (too long; didn’t read)
The documentation is a pleasure to read. First, start with the code labs and then move on to the guides. If you like watching videos, subscribe to the Firecasts YouTube channel. Also, they have amazing support if you ever need to get in contact with them.
- Background: I would recommend starting with this tutorial to get an overview of what Firebase has to offer for web apps.
- Length: 1 hour
- Background: If you are curious to see how to integrate Firebase with your React app, I would recommend watching this video.
- Assumed knowledge: Learn React with these Resources
- Length: 5 mins
- Background: If you plan on using your app in production, I would recommend watching this video before going live.
- Length: 44 mins
- Background: This article made me shy away from Firebase in the beginning because of the pain the author had with Firebase. I haven’t experienced the same pain but I think it’s worth seeing different perspectives.
- Length: 9 mins
- Background: If you are planning on using Gitlab CI, I would recommend reading this article.
- Length: 5 mins
- Background: I would recommend looking at this gist if you plan on testing your code (which should be everyone!).
- Length: 89 lines
Before you go… Thanks for reading the article! If you enjoyed it, please don’t forget to show your appreciation by clicking the 👏 below!
I write about my professional and educational experiences as a self-taught software developer, so click the follow button if this interests you! You can also check out my blog or subscribe to my newsletter for more content.
You might also like: