Bank PO FAQs
1. Do I need job experience to become a Bank PO?
Not required. Every bank has a well-organized schedule of training programs for the freshers.
2. If graduated with correspondence degree am I eligible for a Bank?
Normally, the educational qualification for Bank PO is a degree (graduation) in any discipline from a University/ Institution/ Board, recognized by the Govt. of India or any equivalent qualification recognized as a degree by the Central government.
3. I have less than 60% aggregate in my degree, will I be eligible for a Bank PO job?
The minimum stipulation for eligibility for PO recruitment in Bank is only a degree (not linked to marks).
4. How many times can I write the exam?
There is no stipulation with regard to number of attempts a person can make while applying for Bank PO exam. Age criterion is applicable.
5. Can I choose my posting after getting chosen as a PO?
IBPS is recruiting candidates for 20 nationalized banks. Depending on the business plans of the banks vacancies will arise at different centers. Also, the business opportunities will change periodically requiring shifting of managers. Hence, the Bank has a prerogative to post a PO at a branch/ office taking into account the administrative exigencies.
6. I don’t know Accounts, can I work selected as PO? Will I be able to work in a Bank?
Bank gives training to POs to equip them with the job knowledge and skills before posting to a particular desk/ position. Hence, prior knowledge of accounting is not a must.
7. I scored less than 50% in my 12th grade, will it affect may chances as a PO?
No, graduation in any discipline is the main criteria for the PO exam. You must be able to pass the exam (Preliminary & Final) and also come out successful in the interview.