Why More Social Media Influencers Needs a Website
Many clients who are contact me are not business owners, they are social media influencers who need help figuring out what to do with their Instagram, Facebook or Twitter following and how to monetize, brand and build an online portfolio that can showcase all of their work and companies they collaborate with.
I am amazed by how many people have grown their audience on a single social media platform like Instagram, Twitter or YouTube. They are gaining followers and making money where they are and don’t need or want to start blogging.
They then quickly understand that they do need a one-stop shop for showcasing their brand, building some good digital appearance and for sending potential partners to where there’s more room and control over the content, layout and the calls to action.
Because this not only show potential partners your work but it shows how serious and professional you are allowing you to work with bigger brands even with followers less than 10k on Instagram. There are thousands of influencers online, and that’s the reason you will need to stand out to get bigger deals.
With that being said, website, to me, is an absolute must have, no matter what you. But what domain name should you use?
- Something that is easy to memorize. It doesn’t have to be cute or clever. It’s just have to be something that’s easy for you to say when introducing yourself, easy to remember for someone who wants to look it up later, and something that supports the brand you’re building everywhere else.
- When in doubt, I say stick with your name. Because your website will remain a part of you, and the benefits of branding using your name will allow you a lot of freedom and you will never feel restricted or pigeonholed into one topic or niche meaning more brands can work with you.
- A domain that will allow to you put all of your projects in one place, and then send your audience to each one for more information. Essentially, a one stop for people who are interested in you!
WHAT SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS SHOULD INCLUDE ON THEIR WEBSITES
- Your name, as you’ve built it for your brand. I’m happy to use my full, real name but if you’ve created a persona, use that. People, including brands, will be searching for that and the more you can claim your online appearance, the more likely they will work with you. Imagine searc ing your name on Google and your website portfolio pops up, which brand wouldn’t want to work with you? That’s leverage over other social media influencers.
- A short biography, optimized for search engines (meaning your name will appear at the top of Google) and for your particular speciality. You may already have something written for your media kit but if not, make sure that it’s in third person, highlights your point of view and showcases any specialties, credentials or experience you have in your industry or niche.
- Links to all of your active social media platforms, with a focus on the one you’re most known for. Especially if you have variations of your name on other sites, this will protect your potential clients from following fake accounts.
- If you’re a YouTuber, you probably use Instagram, Facebook and Twitter to show people your new posts. Your total reach and engagement on all of those platforms is really important when setting your rates, so it really benefits you to make sure that it’s easy to find and follow you in all places, and it’s a challenge to link to all of them in your short bio or single link section of each of those places.
- Contact information! The idea is to use your website to make it easy to get in touch with you.
Always remember that your website must speak for you in your absence, who ever who is making a decision to work with you must be able to get a strong message and build trust just based on your website, so that when they call you are already 30% away to getting the deal.
So you will need a professional, If you don’t have a website and/or want help building a fresh one, let me know! I’d love to work with you.
You can also call or WhatsApp us on: 0670098515 — Gravity Technologies
Lebogang Ngobeni (lebongobeni.com)