Sir Richard Branson’s Top 10 Quotes On Finding Happiness
Sir Richard Branson is an individual that we have a lot of time for at Hungry For Life, not only does he do an enormous amount for charity, he has an incredible mentality on life. For example, in his book ‘Screw It Let’s Do It’ he shares his thoughts on achieving your goals with this simple quote, “Whatever your goal is you will never succeed unless you let go of your fears and fly.”
He is one of many incredibly successful individuals who are constantly trying to share with us the mindset they developed that has helped them get to where they are today, all we have to do is listen and put them into practise.
Recently, Sir Richard shared his top 10 quotes on happiness and as happiness is kind of our thing, we thought we’d share the article with you here…
John Lennon once said: “When I was five-years-old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” I find this sentiment to be so incredibly powerful and true.
Too many people measure how successful they are by how much money they make or the people that they associate with. In my opinion, true success should be measured by how happy you are.
To help you find the happiness you deserve, I’ve compiled a list of my favourite quotes on the subject.
10. “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
9. “Rules for Happiness: Something to do, Someone to love, Something to hope for.” — Immanuel Kant
8. “Being happy isn’t having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it’s about stringing together all the little things.” — Ann Brashares
7. “The secret of happiness is freedom, the secret of freedom is courage.” — Thucydides
6. “You must give everything to make your life as beautiful as the dreams that dance in your imagination.” — Roman Payne
5. “Happiness is a risk. If you’re not a little scared, then you’re not doing it right.” — Sarah Addison Allen
4. “Dream without fear, love without limits, and let your life sing its song.” — Dilip Bathija
3. “True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new.” — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
2. “Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling.” — Margaret Lee Runbeck
1. “True happiness… is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.”– Helen Keller
…They’re all brilliant aren’t they? I’ve got to say though, number 10, Abe Lincoln, has to be the one that resonates with me most, how about you?
If you’re interested in looking for ways to boost your own happiness, we wrote an article about the top 5 habits of the world’s happiest people, we explained why they work in increasing happiness, and more importantly, how you can use them to feel the same benefit. We creatively called it ‘The Top 5 habits of the world’s happiest people, why they work and how YOU can implement them!’
Take a look and have a great day!
Lee and the Hungry For Lifers