My Top 13 Dragon Con Moments (And One Big Regret)
Here are my top 13 Dragon Con moments, in no particular order, because it was all so freakin’ fabulous!
- Having my birthday weekend coincide with Dragon Con!
- Not knowing which ear cuff to wear, Bejoran or formal, and choosing both.
- Being asked what character I’m dressed as, and replying, “Myself.”
- Walking in the Dragon Con parade as Civil Right Leader and Suffrigist Ida B. Wells.
- Receiving a set of Time Lord cuff links.
- Drunk shopping at the dealer’s mart with my DragonCon Bestie and buying a new tiara.
- Visiting with new friends who live in Atlanta.
- Over the course of three days receiving a birthday cake, a pumpkin pie, a dish of whipped cream-covered ice cream and a bottle wine. (Again, not all at the same time.)
- Hearing folks sing me happy birthday, three times in four days!
- Getting invited to a private “Gods & Monsters” party!
- After telling a story about the movie Blacula, an audience member brought me a copy of the movie poster he found at the art gallery alley. (What! Who does that?!?)
- Having an impromptu lunch with Frank & Trace from Mystery Science Theater!
- Getting a caricature drawn by Celestia Ward.
- Having a packed house for my stand-up comedy show where me and the audience nerded out for over an hour! NO spoilers!
And my one big regret — that I’m sure my fellow Hitchhiker’s Guide fans will appreciate — is not taking a picture of the woman carrying a bowl of petunias with a sign that said, “Oh no, not again.” Oh well. Maybe next year!
Check out some of the photos on my website. http://www.veryfunnylady.com/blog/my-top-13-dragon-con-moments-and-one-big-regret