Embracing The Next Generation: Why Venture Studios are Prime for Young Entrepreneur in Residence Programs.
💬 A Conduit Venture Labs internal discussion: How do we best activate the ‘now’ and the ‘next’ as part of our company creation culture?
“How do we create the best studio for the next wave of innovators focused on planetary health?”
In a world where the urgency of environmental and health issues are becoming increasingly apparent, it’s never been more crucial to invest in ideas and people that can make a real difference. At Conduit Venture Labs, we aim to create new ventures focused on the performance and health of our planet and its inhabitants. Our venture studio’s goal is be a forum for cultivating companies committed to a healthier future. But we want to take it one step further.
The world is changing rapidly, and with it, so too are the mindsets of our future leaders. The next generation of founders think differently. They carry a fresh perspective, imbued with a strong sense of optimism and justice, which is precisely what we need to address the pressing issues of our time.
In a world where businesses are increasingly judged not just on their profitability, but also on their impact on the world, our future leaders are already demonstrating a shift in mindset towards more sustainable and inclusive practices. The Millennial Manifesto, a set of principles devised by young social entrepreneurs and activists, underscores this paradigm shift. Its principles encourage intergenerational dialogue, the pursuit of systemic change and collective action, and an emphasis on caring for ourselves, others, and our ecosystem. (sources below)
Experts concur that youth engagement is crucial for our future. According to Abdullahi Alim, Specialist, Africa and Middle East, Global Shapers Community, and Natalie Pierce, Community Lead, Experiences and Partnerships, Foundations at the World Economic Forum,
“Young people are fighting these crises and reimagining a better future. By giving young people a say in decision-making, solution-building and lasting change, post-pandemic recovery plans will be more effective, sustainable and inclusive, and ensure a better future for generations to come” — sources below
It’s clear that the next generation of founders are not just thinkers, they are doers. They possess a fierce sense of justice, an inclination towards sustainability, and an unflinching commitment to create a better world.
Key Benefits of Establishing a Youth Entrepreneur in Residence Program at Conduit Venture Labs:
- Engaging the Next Generation of Founders: By investing in young entrepreneurs today, we’re also investing in the long-term success of our planet. We infuse our venture studio with innovative ideas that keep us at the forefront of industry trend.
- Cultivating a Strong Mentorship Culture: By pairing Youth EIRs with our seasoned EIRs and Conduit Fellows Network, we foster a robust exchange of ideas and a transfer of invaluable domain knowledge. This synergy creates an environment ripe for mentorship and accelerates the development of these young entrepreneurs.
- Nurturing Bright Minds in Impactful Areas: Our focus areas — physical world, human health, and performance — are vital to the well-being of our planet and its inhabitants. Having young entrepreneurs engage with these areas early on promises to yield significant dividends, as these young minds bring fresh, creative perspectives to these challenges. (not sure we need them to work on more B2B workflow software suites — no offence).
- Creating a Cycle of Success: The Youth Entrepreneur in Residence program will serve as a training ground for the next generation of founders, equipping them with the skills, knowledge, and network to create successful, impactful companies. This will create a cycle of success that benefits not just the entrepreneurs and the venture studio, but society as a whole.
✌🏽 Join us as we strive to shape the future by investing in the young leaders of today. Let’s work together to create a world where businesses are profitable, impactful, and most importantly, instrumental in preserving the health and performance of our planet and its inhabitants. We believe this is a mission worth investing in.
🌳 Amish Patel, Founder, Conduit Venture Labs
Sources and good reads:
- “The Millennial Manifesto.” World Economic Forum. Link
- “Optimism and Justice: Experts Say Youth Engagement is Crucial.” World Economic Forum. Link