How to Increase Ecommerce Sales with Facebook Messenger Chatbot Marketing
Hello Medium community, this is my first ever blog, I hope you guys enjoy it. I would love to hear your feedback, advice and welcome you to follow me on Facebook or LinkedIn.
Today we are going to discuss Facebook Messenger Chat Bot Marketing for eCommerce and how it can help you increase sales, encourage repeat sales, up-sell, provide updates on shipping status, as well as help you build strong brand loyalty.
Messenger platforms are just as popular, if not more popular than social media apps. They allow for instant communication between people, and the truth is that chat bot marketing has been, and is the next big thing
Chat bots get an open rate of around 80% if not higher, where as emails get an open rate of around 30% on average if you’re lucky.
People are increasingly using messenger apps and according to a Business Insider report, consumers have been using the main four messaging apps — Facebook Messenger, Whats App, We Chat, Viber — more frequently than the main four social networks — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn — since 2015.
Today we are going to discuss how Facebook Messenger Chat bot marketing can help your eCommerce brand increase brand loyalty, sales and traffic.
WHY YOUR ECOMMERCE BRAND SHOULD USE FACEBOOK MESSENGER CHABOT MARKETING
Do you know what the most downloaded app of all time is?
Facebook is number one, followed by Facebook Messenger being the runner up.
Facebook owns four of the five most-downloaded apps in the history of the world, and as Whats App, Instagram, and Messenger are owned by Facebook, Facebook will continue to consolidate the market share even further.
Facebook Messenger currently has more than 1.3 billion monthly active users.
More than 2 billion messages are sent back and forth between end users and businesses every month on the Facebook Messenger platform.
Facebook ain’t going no where, unless there is some sort of revolution and people somehow shut Facebook down.
You might as well invest your time and efforts on platforms your audience use, right?
Why miss out on opportunities where you can provide fun interactive experiences, customer service as well as increase sales, right?
EMAIL MARKETING IS NOT DEAD, BUT IT’S BORING
Okay, you can make email marketing engaging, but you can make Facebook Messenger Marketing Campaigns Fu.
Sound affects, GIFs, easily inserted instant videos, interactive questions and answers, quizzes and more.
No doubt chat-bot marketing is more fun for most users.
Your number one goal as an eCommerce business is to gain traffic to your eCommerce store, your second goal is to get as many interested subscribers as possible, so you can sell in the back-end.
You don’t want to make the rookie mistake of always running around like ground hog day chasing new customer acquisition campaigns, trying to get that first sale.
Its allegedly 7 times easier to sell to people who have purchased from us before, and its common sense that people who know us, like us, and trust us are easier to sell too.
We need to be nurturing our audiences, and platforms like Facebook Messenger allow businesses to now grow their subscriber lists, create messenger sequences, and interact with our fans.
This is the best way to stay in touch update people on new stock, share behind the scenes footage, up-sell, cross-sell, down-sell and more.
You can even share sipping status information on orders to get customers off your back, as well as encourage people to leave reviews, and reward users with coupons and offers.
All thus from the Facebook Messenger Platform, with the use of Chat bot Marketing.
There is a huge opportunity to engage, connect as well as move people through sales funnels using Facebook Messenger chat bots marketing.
Why rely just on emails when the average open rate is under 30%?
ENGAGE WITH USERS ON THE MESSENGER PLATFORMS THAT THEY USE THE MOST
As business owners we sometimes need to put aside personal prejudice and even laziness, and simply set up campaigns as well as a presence, on the platform that our ideal audiences use the most.
And 7 out of 10 people use Facebook Messenger today.
if you pay attention, you’ll see that not many eCommerce brands are using Facebook Chat Bot Marketing, how often do you get messages from brands via messenger? Not often.
I know that Fashionovva and I think Gym Shark have sent me Facebook Messenger Messages, but it’s still a rare thing to see brands with consistent chat bot marketing campaigns in place.
Take advantage of this.
GROW YOUR AUDIENCE LISTS ON OTHER PLATFORMS, DON’T JUST RELY ON BORING EMAIL ALONE
You could be growing your audience lists, sending your users new stock updates, tips, behind the scenes videos, demos, as well as recommendations based on last purchase history and more.
That instant messaging alert, the interactive playful experience that you can create in your messenger journeys,
Can you imagine the instant messaging opportunities available for you to take advantage of here?
Don’t just rely on boring email, yes email is great and people say its the most valuable list well ever have, but guess what?
My gmail business account was down the other day, did I have access to my email list? was I able to email my subscribers? No.
Trust no platform or service and don’t leave all your eggs in one basket.
Use Facebook Chat bot Marketing as well as Email marketing for a double whammy affect and engage with users on the platforms that they use the most in the most relevant of ways.
INCREASE SALES, INCREASE CUSTOMER LIFETIME VALUE & ENCOURAGE BRAND LOYALTY
Facebook Messenger has introduced the ability to purchase products directly through the app, which is an excellent opportunity for eCommerce brands to increase sales.
You can provide answers to questions, suggest products, showcase your catalog of products, and allow people to make purchases.
You even even offer tracking to customers, and with some smart automation link your bot with your email provider and send users updates.
The opportunities are endless, and below are just a few ways your business can use Facebook Messenger Bots.
Now consumers can watch videos, play games, connect with companies, make payments, send money, and more, all without ever leaving the Messenger app.
BENEFITS OF FACEBOOK CHAT-BOT MARKETING FOR YOUR BUSINESS
- Run Facebook Ad campaigns and choose the ‘Message “ call to action to drive people to attract people into your bot’s subscribers list. Set up message sequences, connect, engage and sell to users
- Segment your audience lists and show users new stock updates based on previous purchases. Up-sell, cross-sell and Down-sell based on value
- Automate and set up shipping notification alerts via Chat-bots.
- Train the bots to answer common questions “ FAQs” that your audience usually asks
- Segment your lists based on interests and demographics, and then provide value. Provide tips, tricks, as well as share stories.. Include soft call to actions that can users to products that you sell.
- Import your subscriber lists to email, email users as well
- Showcase your products via your bot and sell via the Chatbot.
H&M offer this with their Kik bot.
8. Allow people to track their orders by using API’s provided by your courier service or link users to a tracking website page which would be a more simple solution.
9. Re-target your Messenger subscribers through Facebook ads. You can re-target abandoned cart shoppers on Messenger. This can be useful if you don’t have a users email address, and work wonders in conjunction with emails also.
10. Set up Re-engagement campaigns to increase CLTV, engage, connect and encourage repeat sales. Don’t neglect previous customers.
11. Run quizzes that help you segment your subscribers list based on the data that you collect. You can tag people on Many-chat, and with that information, send targeted and personalized messages, product recommendations and offers.
12, Import your subscriber lists to email, email users as well. Double whammy affect
13. Launch behind the scenes videos and grow a cult following for your brand, increase customer engagement and loyalty by giving people a glimpse into the back- end of your business
CHAT BOTS PROVIDE INSTANT GRATIFICATION AND IMPROVE USER EXPERIENCE
- 1 in 5 consumers would consider purchasing goods and services from a chat-bots.
- 40% of consumers want offers and deals from chat bots.
- Consumers are willing to spend more than $400 on average through a chat-bots.
- Chatbots provide instant gratification as they respond immediately, and it beats having to wait 24 hours for a response from a human.
HAVE YOU IMPLEMENTED CHAT-BOT MARKETING INTO YOUR E COMMERCE MARKETING PLAN YET?
Facebook is here to stay, the platform is only evolving more and apps are only on the rise.
People use instant messaging apps daily.
As a business, we want to be communicating with people on the platforms that they use the most.
Email has low open rates, do why not increase your open rates by using Facebook Messenger marketing in conjunction with your other marketing channels?
Increase your visibility, increase sales, and engage better with users.
What do you think of Facebook Messenger Marketing, have you run paid campaigns using Facebook Messenger yet?
Do you use Facebook Messenger Marketing? Comment below and share your story
This was my first ever blog on medium, I hope you guys liked it. I will be improving over time I hope
Check out my blog over at Black Sheep Cyber if you are interested in eCommerce.
Owner of Black Sheep Cyber
You can find me on Linkedin