Dear Leviar community,
In our continuous effort to communicate with our community we publish today the October 2018 update, we are ready to announce the next steps for our main project:
On October 21st, 2018 we will release the Source-code + Installers for the 18.06.4 version
This will be a mandatory upgrade which includes the V8/V9 Monero updates:
November 5th, 2018 — Fork:
- Max transaction size at half the penalty free block size.
- Bulletproofs enabled.
- Algorithm will be changed into Cryptonight Variant 2.
November 6th, 2018 — Fork:
- Bulletproofs required
- Min ring-size 1 (active until next fork), default ring-size 11
Why two forks?
Since the November 6th fork will require bulletproof for transactions this delay will give time to non-bulletproof TXs to be confirmed.
Mining algorithm changes (CryptoNight V2):
- Reading a whole 64 byte cache line at a time: many recent processors will read 64 bytes at a time when fetching from RAM, so access to the whole set is virtually free after it’s cached. Since ASICs don’t have to behave like this, this will increase the memory bandwidth an ASIC needs by 4, since CryptoNight acts on 16 bytes at a time. A simple addition is done to ensure that an ASIC can’t just multiplex the data.
- Adding integer math operations (division and square root): On a CPU, these are “hidden” by the memory access latency. So an ASIC will need an extra circuitry to compute them, as well as prevent a part of the pipeline an ASIC may be able to perform due to the serialization of data use and calculation.
Bulletproof will replace a a mathematical method of hiding the amounts of the transactions currently used.
The currently used method is the reason why the blockchain is big in term of size (a normal transaction uses 13kB). With bulletproofs this will be reduced by ~80% making the fee lower and the blockchain growth smaller.
This is the point where the core of the Leviar project starts, leviar platform will give developers/publishers the possibility to earn money for their apps/blogs/website without forcing their users to see any sort of advertisement.
The choice will be left for users which method to use (the old fashion advertisement method or the mining platform using their device), all users will have to make a choice the first time they use the app or visit the website-blog.
The mining operations will be always balanced and will never use more than 30%-50% of a single thread.
Keep following us to know more about the project and join the 1Q/2019 Open Beta.