Everything is Getting Out of Control
In those moments of feeling everything is getting too much or your nerves are overwhelming.. Consider the following:
What is the Evidence?
- what evidence do I have to support my thoughts?
What Alternative views are there?
- How would someone else view this situation?
What thinking Error am I making?
- Am I over estimating the chances of disaster / failure?
- Am I personalising ie blaming myself for something which is not my fault?
- AmI focusing on the negative and ignoring my strengths?
- Am I jumping to conclusions / trying to predict the future?
Your wonderful and helpful mind is “role playing” a situation that hasn’t and probably won’t occur.
Your mind is a solution creator basing its answers on a lot of “what ifs”.
What also happens is that instead of offering these ideas one at a time, it floods you with them all in one go.. Like having a surprise box burst open in front of you showering you with confetti.
The reaction is overwhelm of thoughts.
What matters is what’s happening to you Now.
Knowing that those feelings you experience Will go — they’re just exaggerated and not harmful.
- Notice what is happening in you body
- Stay in the present
- Slow down but Keep Going..
- also be Kind to Yourself.
Be reassured, Your reaction can be unlearnt so you can take Control back over your “What Ifs”.
After all, “Life Is 4 Living”.