Set up a Flowtime chart
- One task at a time (enter Start Time)
- Take a break when you need to (Stop Time)
- Record whether or not you were interrupted (I use this symbol in shorthand — |)
- Take breaks that are as long or as short as you need them to be (try 3min break for up to 25 min work , 5 min break for up to 40 min work, 7 min break for up to 60 min work, 10 min break for up to 80 min; 15min break for anything over 80 min work. Adjust as needed)
- Set a timer for breaks
- Record your work time in minutes
If you want to read about my reasoning behind Flowtime Technique, check out The Flowtime Technique.