Blueberry Vegan Protein Muffin Bars
Yes I said vegan!
I’ve been trying to reduce my dairy consumption so I thought I’d experiment with non dairy baking. I did add half a scoop of birthday cake protein powder to this batch. It just happen to be whey protein…so this batch was almost vegan….BUT! Feel free to use a plant based powder!
I must say these blueberry muffin bars came out AMAZING! See recipe below….
1 1/2 cup whole grain oats flour (old fashioned oats works just throw it in your Nutribullet)
1/2 cup flour
3/4–1 cup sugar (I recommend 1 cup of you like it sweet because blueberries are tart!)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Zest of 2 whole lemons
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/3 cup coconut oil melted
1 cup almond milk (you can use any type of milk)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (this will make them moist. You will NOT taste or smell the vinegar after they’re done!)
1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen. You can add more if you like!)
1/2 scoop of vegan protein powder (optional)
- Preheat oven for 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all dry ingredient plus lemon zest and mix. Leave 1 tablespoon of sugar to the side.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of sugar and coconut oil. This is optional but I like the coconut oil to be pasty. Then combine all wet ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir with rubber spatula
- Fold in the blueberries
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and grease the sides.
- Bake for 15–18 minutes or until cooked through. Stick a butter knife in the center and if it comes out clean it’s done.
- Cool before cutting into squares
- Enjoy and not feel as guilty!