A Simpler Email App Concept
Many features of our email apps rarely get used. And the ones we actually use need to be organized in a sensible hierarchy to avoid distraction.
As John Meada puts it in his book “Laws of Simplicity” :
Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.
This simple mail app concept is not to trying to re-skin the existing popular apps just for the sake of looking hip. The goals is to reduce and organize based on without sacrificing familiarity and meaning and achieve a good balance.
So what does this app let you do?
- You can browse all of your emails from all of your inboxes
- Reply to an email or send a new one
- “Save” important emails for easily access later(such as booking confirmation, bill reminder, or urgent info)
What doesn’t it let you do?
- Accidentally delete any email
- Show you the amount of “unread email”
- Micro-Organize(save for later, change inbox…)
- Get obsessed with “clearing out the inbox”
To be continued…
A few more screenshots for the details.