20 tips for starting social media conversations the right way
Social media is all about people, connection, and relationships and as a business owner; one of the things you must do online is to have meaningful conversations. I’m not talking about speaking to someone once, saying thank you for the retweet or thank you for liking a Facebook post, it goes much deeper than that. As small business owners and entrepreneurs, it’s important to start, contribute to and engage in social media conversations so you can build trust and long-term relationships.
Open, honest and transparent two-way communication is essential if you want to be remembered for the right reasons.
Here are 20 tips for starting social media conversations the right way:
- Always be respectful.
- Show you care about other people.
- Stay positive.
- Listen more than you talk. Your social media is about your community, not you.
- Don’t start selling to someone as soon as you meet them. Focus on getting to know them as a person first.
- Be personable and conversational, show your human side!
- Reach out and say hello to someone new.
- A simple thank you can create a very big impact. Take the time to thank people for sharing your content on social media or for following you on Twitter or for connecting with you on your Facebook page.