Custom Luxury Real Estate
The 3 top reasons why you should build what you want.
Building a custom luxury home doesn’t have to be complicated but it does have to be real and it does have to involve land. The definition of real actually has the word “genuine” in it; authentic, true and actual. I believe that we have become accustomed to the “average home”. The problem is, they are all the same. You might be able to pick out a few things like your flooring and countertop but it’s not truly “custom”, if you can’t design it exactly how you want. So, commit and then take massive action to create the space that you have always dreamed of.
Full Definition of REAL
1 of or relating to fixed, permanent, or immovable things (as lands or tenements)
2 not artificial, fraudulent, or illusory : genuine <real gold>; also : being precisely what the name implies <a real professional>
Full Definition of ESTATE
1. a large piece of land with a large house on it
Too many people settle for less than what they want and deserve. As a real estate agent, I hear it all the time, “I love everything about the house, except……”. That is when you know you should build a custom home! There are many builders out there that will say they are custom but are they, really? Can they add 4 feet to your master suite closet? Can they make your pool 100 feet bigger and shaped like a diamond? Can they add ice makers in all bathrooms of the home? I ask these questions because they are questions that have been asked to me as a design build specialist for a luxury custom home builder. It is also important to point out that every market is different and the process and pricing may vary depending on geography. For example, here in Sarasota, the demand is so great that we end up tearing down many older homes to build brand new ones because of the demand of location near Siesta Key. In 2004, the Travel Channel’s Best Beaches in America show featured Siesta Key as the Best Sand Beach…on the planet! April of this year, Gallup’s annual Well-Being Index ranked the -Sarasota-Bradenton metropolitan area as the city with the highest well-being in the United States. When it comes to quality of life, why not have exactly what you want, like a custom luxury home.
When you achieve your own level of success, you have most likely written down your dreams and goals. You have written all of the things you want and desire; the new car, the new watch, the beach condo, ect. Why not have the Hollywood closet with wine fridge? The elevator to the game room on the 3rd level and maybe a 6 car garage with lifts for that new car collection. It can all be yours when you have reached a level of success and wealth, defined by you.
Lastly, when you are ready to take that leap and build your new home, here is a checklist of tasks to check off before you begin:
· Is the builder financially sound? How did they fair through the downturn of the market?
· Can they provide references on the spot?
· What services do they provide to help with finish levels? Do they have a design center?
· What is their methodology for pricing and what exactly is included in the contract price?
· Who does their architectural drawings? Is it a 3rd party?
· What is their payment/draw schedule?
Once you have gone through the steps and educated yourself on the process of custom home building, you need to know the top 3 reasons why you should build a custom luxury home.
Here are the top 3 reasons why you should build what you want.
1. There is no other home like your custom home. One of a kind. Everything in the home was chosen and designed by YOU, the Creator of your Domain.
2. Energy Efficient Green Build- Energy efficiency saves money, reduces financial risk from rising energy costs, and is a proven best practice among leading companies
3. You have earned the right to have exactly what you want. There is a reason why people call it a Dream Home.