This guide is specifically for Android users who want to use Lockeroom as an app, rather than as a website.
If you are an iPhone user, you can view the iPhone guide here
You can find out more about the tech behind this process on one of our other blog posts, How to turn Lockeroom into an app.
- On your Android device, open Chrome and go to https://lockeroom.co*
- On the right of the browser bar at the top of your screen, tap on the Menu button. It looks like 3 vertical dots.
- Towards the bottom of the menu, you’ll see ‘Add to Home screen’. Tap on this
- A rectangular box will appear — tap the ‘Add’ button on the right of it
- Next, a square box will appear with the option to add the app icon yourself or ‘Add automatically’.
- If you feel comfortable adding the app manually, go for it; if not, just tap on ‘Add automatically’
- A Lockeroom app icon will appear on your Home screen
- You’re all done!
Tapping this icon will now open Lockeroom in exactly the same way as you are used to, except it will stretch over the whole screen. From that point, treat it the same way as you would any other app 😎
Hopefully this helps if you wanted to use Lockeroom as an app 📱
If the app experience isn’t for you, you can easily remove Lockeroom as you would any other app. You can always add it back later if needed, for example, when the season starts again 🏉🏈⚽🏑🏀🏐🏏
Jarryd, Harry & Ollie