Potential limitation of Episerver Forms in Non-js mode
- Each Step should have only one FileUpload element.
- Weird behavior when have 2 or more Forms on the same page
- The elements were not re-fill its entered/submitted data after validation fail, captcha refreshing or redirected by previous navigation (they are all submit action).
- Recaptcha will not work
- jQuery events of Forms, will not be raised
- SOLVED: Load Forms.css along with Forms.js ==> use normal <link> point to WebResource URL
- SOLVED: Form’s Action and method is decided by JS ==> defined in <form>
- Form Steps show/hide (includes the Step depend conditions) by js
- Navigation to Prev and Next is decided by JS
- Progress bar
- Form summarized confirmation will not be shown before submitting.
- Rebinding the entered-data in case of navigating back (click on Prev button) or validating fail => not supported.
- Form validating, FormStatus and showing its message by script will be suppressed
- Server side validation and returned messages still need to be handled between submissions.
- Reset element
- — does not jump to the first Step after reset
- — It does its HTML-standard job: clearing the entered data on the current visible Step
- Hidden visitor data (Geo, Profile, UserAgent) & VisitorGroup data
- — GeoVisitorData makes a Post request to //freegeoip.net/ from the client side
- — Without JS, it fallbacks to serverside
- File upload bases on Request.Files to carry files from client to server
- then need to specify which files go with which element
- in case of multi-step-one-page Forms, the selected file(s) if not be cleared will continue to be submitted
- “Store form submissions” must be checked for Step dependency to work because stored submision data is used for dependency evaluating???
- SubmitData is collected by JS. This can lead to
- some element type cannot be collected by JS