What Is The Real Benefit Of Acquiring Xeriscape
In our earth, most precious natural resource is not oil or natural gas, it’s none other than water. So, currently the landscapes are designed around the principles of saving water. There is where the term Xeriscaping steps in. Xeriscape is a low maintenance form of gardening and landscaping that reduces or eliminates the need for supplemental water with drought resistant plants. It never required to maintain on a regular basis, so you don’t have to go out to tend your plants and water them. It is a better conservation for the environment, where there is a scarcity of water and you will not require as much as water and use fewer pesticides. Moreover, it is a great solution for those people who don’t have the time to maintain their lush garden.
The Xeriscape landscape method was introduced during the worst period of Colorado drought and named by the Greek word xeros, which refers to dry scape. The Xeriscape does not need a yard of anything, it can be implemented by using the rocks. Xeriscape landscaping is based on several principles. The several principles used in this landscaping are not at all new, they are already practiced in the landscape industry for decades. When the several concepts are combined into one effort for landscape water conservation make the Xeriscape landscaping unique. The principles are:
· The first step is, you need to plan and design the foundation of water-wise landscape.
· Determine the soil to check its improvements which needed for better water absorption and increasing the water-holding capacity. If a plant has a proper soil condition, then it allows the plants to develop deep and healthy roots.
· With the natural environment the selection of the appropriate plan is very essential. To perform Xeriscape a huge variety of both native and exotic plants are available.
· In Xeriscape landscaping, turf grasses are used as a planned element, so to place it carefully the lawn size need to be smaller.
· Here flower mulches and shrub bed are used to prevent the water loss from the soil through evaporation and increase the level of water penetration during irrigation.
· Preserving the beauty of Xeriscape depend upon the appropriate maintenance of the landscape plus save water.
· All water conservation adjusts in Xeriscape by the process of pruning, weeding, proper fertilization, pest control and irrigation system.
Many people thought that Xeriscape refers to the design by using cactus and rock gardens. No, they also can be designed with green, cool landscapes full of beautiful plants maintained with water-efficient practices.
A Xeriscape landscape can cost less both to build and maintain than traditional landscaping. They are very simpler and easier to build and moreover need less maintenance. Here the landscaping can be designed by acquiring less irrigation as well as weekly shearing maintenance. And the pressure on proper plant selection trimming and pruning requirements can be minimized. As a whole it is a creative landscaping technique that uses low-maintenance, drought-tolerant plants grouped together to form natural-looking attractive landscapes that take less time to maintain and conserve energy, natural resources, and water .