Technologies beyond our control! — How do I learn it?
It has been fascinating to see, technologies are evolving which we ever thought of, it would be like this. So many things are being invented in every seconds. Technologies such as, “Artificial Intelligence”, “Progressive Web Apps”, “Augmented Reality”, “Virtual Reality”, “Machine Learning”, “Internet of Things”, “Big Data Analytics”, & so on. How do I learn those?. In this article, I would like to present some of the ways to enrich your knowledge and keep yourself up-to-date with latest technologies at very minimal cost.
Step 1: Keep yourself tagged with YouTube Videos
Plenty of Videos are piled up in YouTube and it is never stopped. There are so many amazing authors who post the series of videos in niche technologies. So it would help yourselves to keep up-to-date if you are subscribed & tap the alarm!, so that when they post new videos you will get a notification.
Step 2: Udemy, Coursera, Udacity, Lynda, Pluralsight & so on..
We are in Online world, yes every industry is now online and education is not an exception. Online LMS(Learning Management System) brings your tutor to your home. Yes, all you need is a device with reasonable audio and video quality. Many free courses are available, just enroll & you can study in your leisure time.
- So many courses are available for just 10$, sometimes lesser than that. But would recommend to go over the feedback/reviews before you purchase any course. Most importantly just see whether course content is up-to-date. That’s OK to spend 10$ for your knowledge upgrade, sometimes it worth million when you are at job risk.
Step 3: I am very good at listening tutorials/videos/course, but I could never implement an application why?
- Most of us would deal with this situation, but there are no other option. Yes, you have to practice, face an error, find the solutions only then you can be a real programmer. Just copy pasting the code from google/materials, will never make you bright. So face it and fix it!. I would recommend to write a blog(www.blogger.com) about your learning, this will ensure that you are practicing before you throw the words to the world. Second, it would help you to recap after some point of time.
Step 4: Review “Android Play Store” or “App Store” for technology apps.
- “Appy Geek”, “Inshorts”, “Beebom” & so many apps are available in Store, which will help you to keep yourself up-to-date on Tech News(I personally used these, please add in “Comments” section if there are any which you feel good).
Step 5: Keep Google Search at your finger tips!!!
- Nevertheless, it is very important to be googling. Terabytes of information is being floated every milliseconds & we need to stand with that.
- Use this Link -> Click here for effective Google Search.
Step 6: Use Stack-Overflow & Quora
- If you stuck while you practice, no worries you are not the only one would have faced that error. So just find the errors in Google, certainly you will get a solutions in “StackOverflow or Quora”. These are two knowledge sharing forum, which has plenty of documents in every technologies. So before you post any query, just do enough research, it will nail down your problems.
Step 7: Join GitHub or BitBucket
- If you are new to Github / bitbucket this link, will help you to understand these two.
- You must have a git-hub or bitbucket repository, which will help you to work from anywhere in the world quite easily.
Step 8: Practice!
- We can learn so many things, but only when you apply in real time it will show you how good you are at it. So practice, practice, practice.. Keep practicing, until you are good in training somebody.
After you do all these steps, and if you still want some mentor / coach to guide personally, then opt the one!
Note: All the information presented above is through my personal experience. If there are things, which you feel should have been included, then feel free to add those in comments sections. I will update that accordingly!..