As I was prepping for VC associate interviews, I played around with some Crunchbase Pro data to explore the funding landscape in 2019.
The plot types include barplots, boxplots, scatterplots, bubble maps, heat maps and tree maps.
Enjoy! Tweet me @louiseylai
These plots summarize the state of funding in 2019 and confirm certain assumptions, such as:
- The total amount ever raised is related to the future amount raised
- San Francisco is by far the largest attractor for funding
- Companies raising >$10m tend to be raising their Series B
- Late stage ventures have generally gone through a lot more rounds
And a few surprising ones:
- Customer Service, Automotive and Biotech are the three largest segments
Hi, I’m Lou! I’m a Master’s student in Data Science looking for an associate role at a VC. I’m passionate about helping startups succeed and learning how to use tech as a defensible moat. Previously, I worked at Microsoft, NASA and co-founded the NYU Entrepreneurs Network. Let’s talk!
Tweet me! @louiseylai
Hire me! LinkedIn