#RemoteWorkingProblems: How many do you suffer from?
Work remotely? Then you might relate to some of these problems…
1. Developing strange eating habits because no one is there to judge you.
2. Wearing bedding as clothing because no one is there to judge you.
3. Realising you speak to your pets more than people and social activity might be healthy.
4. Going to work in a café and instantly judging everyone around you.
5. When the the café imposes a one-hour WiFi limit.
6. But you’ve already ordered dangerous amounts of caffeine so they’ll let you sit there.
7. When it’s just you, another remote worker, and one plug socket.
8. When your boss calls you, but you don’t realise it’s a video conference.
9. When people think that because you have a remote job, you basically don’t have a job.
10. But in reality, your work/life balance is kinda skewed.
Sound familiar? You’re not alone.
I’ve been working remotely for almost a year now with my job at Quuu, and I absolutely love it! But it doesn’t come without its pitfalls.
That’s why we’ve decided to team up with fellow SaaS startup and distributed team, MeetEdgar, for our monthly Twitter chat.
On Tuesday 29th August, we’ll be discussing ‘How to stay productive and motivated as a remote team’ over at @quuu_c0 from 6–7pm BST (that’s 10am PST/1pm EST for you US-based folk). Think of it like group therapy for remote workers — our Qchats are a great opportunity to network with likeminded people, share common pain points, and hopefully find some solutions.
In the meantime, what are your biggest #RemoteWorkingProblems? Extra points if you can respond via GIF ;-)