Senior Spotlight: Eleanor Silverstein
Major: Public Relations
Plans for after college (if known): Probably moving back home to California to live with my parents forever.
1. As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
At the age of 7 I wanted to be a soccer star until I walked off the field mid game and admitted that I only joined so I could serve the post-game snacks… Then I wanted to be a ballerina, still do.
2. Now what do you want to be when you grow up?
My dream job would be to be an event planner for big museums, like the MET!
3. What is your favorite quote?
Not sure I have one
4. Who inspires you most?
My mom! She’s honestly like wonder woman- she can juggle a million things all with a level head and killer sense of fashion. Looking back on her career, I now understand all of the sacrifices she made to raise her family. She’s a kick-ass lawyer, mom, wife, best friend/sister (aphi legacy woot woot) and I honestly don’t know what I’m going to ever do without her.
5. What do you like to do in your free time?
I barely have any free time this semester so I binge watch netflix whenever I get the chance.
6. Where is your favorite place to eat/explore/be in Boston?
I love Barcelona (the one in Brookline), Lolita, and pomodoro in the north end. I also just love to explore Brookline and Cambridge as well!
7. What is your favorite kind of alcoholic beverage? And who (as in where) makes it best?
Bloody Mary, hands down fav. MET back bay makes a pretty good one but I haven’t found one yet that’s been spicy enough for me. Also the sangria at Lolita is pretty bomb
8. What is your favorite food?
sushi sushi sushi sushi!!!! and avocados
9. What is your favorite place to eat at on campus?
Basho express, or the BU Pub.
10. Where do you prefer to study here on campus?
Buick or the BU Pub.
11. What else are you involved in here on campus? Or in Boston? (jobs, clubs, activities, etc.) This is so sad, but I’m not involved with anything :(
12. What is your favorite Alpha Phi-related memory?
Going to the red sox game freshman year the Sunday after the marathon bombing with about 30 Alpha Phis, and Neil Diamond did a surprise performance of Sweet Caroline. The energy that day in the stadium was incredible, and being with my favorite sista sistas wasn’t too shabby either.
13. What is your favorite college memory?
I don’t think I have one specific in mind because I’ve had some really amazing experiences and memories from over the years :)
14. What is your most embarrassing college story?
Not sure if this counts as embarrassing for me, but freshman year my roommate woke me up at 3AM and asked if I had let someone crash in her bed. Half asleep I said that I did (I totally didn’t) and I look over to her side and there was a random guy fast asleep in her bed. He was wearing pajamas and everything and was completely convinced that we were in his room when it was in fact our room, and on an all-girls floor. We still don’t know how it happened… I guess this story was more embarrassing for him than for me
15. Are you satisfied with your college experience?
Yes! BU has definitely been an interesting ride for me but I wouldn’t change going to school in this beautiful city for anything
16. What is one piece of advice that you wish you had known before this year?
Get off your butt and get out there. Try to make light out of crappy situations and cherish the good ones. School is important, but your experiences, your friends/family, and your happiness is important too. You only have one college life to live- make it a good one!