Senior Spotlight: Ella Torres
Plans for after college (if known): Eating and crying until I get a job probably
- As a child what did you want to be when you grew up?
I think a veterinarian?
2. Now what do you want to be when you grow up?
I want to be a travel writer, specifically going to different cultures to meet people/ learn about beliefs that might be looked down upon or uncommon for us.
3. What is your favorite quote?
“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” — John Steinbeck
4. Who inspires you most?
My mama. She’s literally my rock and such an inspiration/ role model in my life. She’s the most hardworking person I’ve ever met and instilled such a real sense of drive and passion in my life to go for what I want. Can’t thank that lady enough.
5. What do you like to do in your free time?
BINGE Netflix and read books. But I also like to do social things like hang out and laugh with my friends, walk around Boston, and go for lil adventures.
6. Where is your favorite place to eat/explore/be in Boston?
The South End is awesome for eating and exploring. When it’s nice out, SoWa is up and running and it’s literally food truck heaven.
7. What is your favorite kind of alcoholic beverage?
And who (as in where) makes it best? Pretty much any beer. Legal Harborside has a really good selection plus a super neat setup.
8. What is your favorite food?
LOVE pancakes. Like really love pancakes. Also feel a connection with mac n’ cheese.
9. What is your favorite place to eat at on campus?
I low-key love the GSU.
10. Where do you prefer to study here on campus?
I usually just study in my room, but Bay State 5th floor is really nice too. It’s v quiet and has beautiful views.
11. What else are you involved in here on campus? Or in Boston? (jobs, clubs, activities, etc.)
I have an internship right now with the Lowell Sun and work for the FreeP as an editor.
12. What is your favorite Alpha Phi-related memory?
I really liked recruitment?? Which is kind of bizarre but that was a super fun bonding time. Also love going to Salem and the Wedding Mixer is a blast.
13. What is your favorite college memory?
Spring break is up there for sure. Also a bunch of us went to Killington in the beginning of the semester, which was so fun. But I think consistently some of my funniest memories come from the mornings after really drunk nights. So ridiculous and so fun and so many breakfast sandwiches.
14. What is your most embarrassing college story?
Probably my first and only OWL mixer. I blacked out, threw up in the bathroom then proceeded to fall into the sink and ask the older girls who was looking for a little. I did indeed get escorted out.
15. Are you satisfied with your college experience?
YES! And so sad to leave.
16. What is one piece of advice that you wish you had known before this year?
Be really nice to yourself. Like treat yourself to ice cream/cake/both more or take after Kim K and post a selfie with no shame or do whatever the fuck you want cause you deserve it (unless it’s like really morally wrong probably don’t do that but idk maybe do it). I feel like I only treat myself when I’m like down in the dumps or had a shitty day but just be nice to yourself all the time and love yourself. Sophomore year I was like so wildly obsessed with image and would look in the mirror every day to pick apart myself and that’s so mean! Try not to do that.