After finishing HIIT Timer I took some time to gather my thoughts and arrived to some conclusions:
- I managed to learn a lot and the app was definitely a step up from my first one, RepMax %. However,
- I felt that it wasn’t still on par with the level of quality that I established as acceptable (the design could be improved as the overall functionality of the app)
So, I decided to use the knowledge that I gathered from the work done until now and try to develop something much more polished. ‘My Timer’ is, then, now being developed.
Some guidelines that I outlined:
- Take project management seriously. As this third app is much more complex than the previous ones I felt that I needed to adopt some kind of project management tactic. So,
- At the start establish the major requisites and, as the project progresses, increase the level of granularity
- To track the requisites I’m using post-its on a board, with 4 levels (ToDo, Doing, Testing, Done). I like to be able to see the big picture so this approach works well for me.
With project management on place it is now time to establish the requisites. More on that on the next post on the app ;)
Any questions? Ask away on the comment section below!