Being a part of a hyper-growing company such as Exponea taught me a great deal about growing a business and I still have so much to learn.
Since I would love to share what I have learned, here are a few short, yet deeply impactful lessons, which I have learned so far at Exponea.
One day, when I will launch a company of my own, I will look back and apply them. #ExponeaMafia
- Focus on impact first, perfection comes after you solve what’s truly needed.
- Don’t oversell your capabilities, but overdeliver the actual performance and level of service you provide.
- Measure the right TOP level KPI and net retention is a great example of that.
- Aim to increase your MRR, it’s much more valuable than one-off sales.
- Aim for network or ripple effect in everything you do, by adding a new feature or acquiring a new client, make sure it also benefits the greater whole.
- Nurture similar values in your employees, when they’ll stay with you, it provides them with a brilliant compass to base their decisions upon and when they’ll leave you to start their own business, you will still share a common thread.
- Become antifragile, don’t only survive the hard times, but learn from them and became better than ever before.
- Being adept at everything, master of none, won’t get you amongst unicorns. First turn into a market leader in your niche, no matter how small, and then branch out!
I’m pretty sure that I will learn a lot more lessons in the upcoming months, all I can now say is that I still learn something new every week, if not every day. For me, Exponea can sometimes act as a top-notch business university alongside a highly challenging job.
If you would like to become Exponean yourself, we are always hiring stellar talents!