A Weekend Without Golf
I’ve played golf practically every weekend for a few years now. Not this weekend though. The change was not because I was busy with other stuff. It’s a choice I’ve made to give me a break and to give my elbows a break as well. Left arm has golfer’s elbow, and right has tennis elbow. I was told I could play lefty to escape the elbow problems — not doing it. I’ve been putting and chipping a bit but will start to skip that too. For now the break is till end of the year — but I will not be surprised if it extends through to the end of 2022.
New things I did this weekend -
- A few conversations with people I did not know — a new thing for me
- Walked on the Ocean beach — always love it but never prioritize it enough . What a bad name for a beach though! Most are ocean beaches anyways!
Things I liked this weekend | things that made me happy —
- Collin Morikawa’s win Euro Finale + Race to Dubai win. This is esp. because it came at cost of Rory
- Jin Young Ko’s LPGA finale win — this esp. because it came at cost of Nelly Korda
- Movie Jai Bhim — it is so heartbreaking!
- Franklin & California persimmon — see photos of lone persimmon on a persimmon tree near Wholefoods on Franklin & California streets. I wanted to pick and eat it and I did. I wanted to steal it but somehow I couldn’t gather confidence to do it. Asked the guard at Wholefoods about it, he told me, “You are free to pick it, no concerns.” And I did it. Hope you can spot it!
I also think about output — what I got out of the weekend and it’s usually not in fun, it’s also not in experience. It’s usually about content creation, book readership. This weekend’s output is not much. Fingers crossed for the future!