Experience the Symptoms Of Gynecology
Menopause is a phase in a woman’s life when she ceases to menstruate and is consequently not able to get pregnant. This happens because after a particular age a woman’s ovaries stops producing hormones and she no longer stays fertile. For some women, the symptoms or signs of Menopause begin much earlier and for some it starts to occur years or months afterwards. Perimenopause is the period which occurs 3 to 5 years before the actual menopause when the levels of estrogen in a woman’s body begin to drop. It is advisable to consult gynecologist in noida when you may experience symptoms of menopause.
What are the symptoms of menopause?
The following are some of the noticeable changes that women undergo during menopause.
1. Irregular periods- The menstrual pattern of a woman changes greatly during menopause, some women don’t experience periods for months at a stretch while some women menstruate every 2 to 3 weeks.
2. Lower fertility- When a woman is going through the perimenopausal stage, her estrogen levels start to decrease significantly. This lowers her chances of getting pregnant.
3. Vaginal dryness- This is usually accompanied by discomfort or itching. Vaginal dryness occurs during perimenopause. Many women also complain of pain during sex (dyspareunia). Inflammation of the vagina can also occur due to shrinking and thinning of the vaginal tissues. This occurs due to lack of lubrication caused by decreased estrogen levels.
4. Hot flashes- A sudden occurrence of heat in the upper body may also occur. This starts in the chest, neck and face and can slowly spread through the entire body. The skin becomes red, patchy and causes immense sweating to occur. Tachycardia (sudden increase in the heart rate) or heart palpitations are also common during menopause. Hot flashes usually occur on the first year of the final menstrual periods.
5. Night sweats- Hot flashes which occur in the bed while sleeping are known as night sweats. For some women night sweats last for just a few minutes though.
6. Disturbed sleep- A woman might experience difficulty falling or staying asleep during their perimenopausal and menopausal stage.
7. Urinary problems- Many women are more prone to developing UTI’s (Urinary Tract Infections) like cystitis during menopause. The frequency to urinate may increase then.
8. Physical symptoms- Some women also experience thinning of hair (hair loss), fat buildup in the abdomen and decrease in breast size.
What causes menopause?
Estrogen and progesterone are the two most important hormones in a woman’s body, which aids her body through pregnancy and regulates menstruation. Perimenopause occurs when the ovaries cease to produce less than the two required hormones. The ovaries shut down eventually as a woman doesn’t experience any signs of menstruation. Many women experience premature menopause.
This occurs due to a variety of factors such as:
1. Enzyme deficiencies
2. Down’s syndrome
3. Turner’s syndrome
5. Addison’s disease
7. Radiotherapy in and around the pelvic area.