2017 Resolutions & Guidelines (sort of)
Better late than never. Here’s my list of 2017 resolutions to keep me kind-of-sort-of honest:
- Learn how to REALLY use my SLR camera (auto-mode doesn’t count). This will lead me to my future career as a full-time professional sports photographer. Set reminder for 2020 goals.
- Write more. (On it.)
- Read more.
- Draw more. (See Mom, I’m using my fine art degree.)
- Run more.
- Run because I want to, not because I have to.
- Pace a few races. (Anyone need a rabbit?)
- Do a better job of plugging into current (and scary) events and have intelligent and open-minded conversations about our political climate. And then do something about it.
- Unplug from my phone after 8pm.
- Call my brother more.
- Scuba dive at least once this year.
- Make a five*cough* one year plan.
- Make mo’ money.
- Learn when to say no. See similar sentiment in Ashley Higginson’s guide to being a badass.
- Learn when to say yes. (Travel should always be a yes. Unless it’s a last minute flight that costs waaaaay too much. Let’s be reasonable.)
- No days off — mentally or physically. Meaning no days off, just floating by, going to work, coming home and zoning out. Every day matters. Use my brain and my body in a challenging way. Read a challenging article (Buzzfeed does not count), stretch out, easy run, thoughtful conversation, meditate.
- Come up with more resolutions.