As you know UTM tagging has five variables as this:
Urls with UTM tags attached looks like this format https://domain.com/page.html?utm_source=source&utm_medium=medium&utm_campaign=name&utm_term=mterm&utm_content=content
- One to parse the query string
- One to create the ‘defaultValues’ variable that fills the form
Both of these functions are embedded below.
To implement tagging please follow these steps
- Create five single text fields in Wufoo forms named after the tags mentioned above
- Add the style `hide` to CSS layout keywords to hide these fields
4. Embed the form in your page and inspect the field name of each of these fields or you can go the API page and get the fields names from that page.
5. Inside the embed code you have to add this line
6. Inside your page scripts section add the following two functions
7. Make sure that getParamterByName and getDefaultValuesString are before the Wufoo embed code.
Good luck with your campaigns.