Houston’s Top 25 Social Media Power Influencers
by Eric Tung
I took the score for each influencer from four tools: StatSocial Social Pull, Klout Score, Kred Score, and FollowerWonk Social Authority. Although similar, each tool approaches social influence and authority in a slightly different way, so I wanted to expand out and see how closely the tools aligned, and if they could agree on any particular individual as the top overall influencer.
I then subtracted their ranking on the list from 140, so if you ranked last in one particular metric, you still got points for that. If you ranked first, you got 139 points for that ranking. Klout, Kred and FollowerWonk points were then divided by two, with an interest in favoring StatSocial, to maintain a little consistency from the 2014 list.
So for example, Madalyn Sklar ranked 4 for Stat Social, 1 for Klout, 3 for Kred, and 1 for FollowerWonk.
I then ranked everyone by their raw score, and you have the list!
So without further ado…
1. Madalyn Sklar is an independent Social Media Strategist, podcaster and Twitter chat host. @MadalynSklar
2. Dwight Silverman is the Tech blogger at writer for The Houston Chronicle.@DSilverman
3. Kristin Barclay is an on-air personality and the Social Media Manager for In Wheel Time, and lifestyle blogger at In Deep H2O. @zanymomintx
4. Michele Price founder of Breakthrough Business Strategies, a digital media agency and the on-air host for #BBSradio — business internet radio show.@ProsperityGal
5. Chris Makara is the Interactive Marketing specialist, at Insperity, and founder of Bulk.ly. @ChrisMakara
6. Damien Franco is a marketing consultant at DTF Marketing. @DamienFranco
7. Cheval John is a blogger, social media strategist, and host of What’s the Word on Blogtalk Radio. @chevd80
8. Bobbie Byrd is the co-founder of the Blog Elevated conference and #BlogElevated chat, blogger and social media consultant. @clumsycrafter
9. Grace Rodriguez is the creative director at TED Active. @GraceRodriguez
10. Frederick J. Goodall, aka “Mocha Dad” is a top-50 dad blogger, internet marketer, and parenting expert. @MochaDad
11. Kami Watson Huyse, is founder of Social Media Breakfast Houston and the CEO at Zoetica communications agency. @KamiChat
12. Aimee Woodall is the founder of Black Sheep Agency, a really awesome branding and social media agency. She is also a Houston Business Journal “40 Under 40” award winner. @AimeeWoodall
13. Sandra Fernandez is a social media account supervisor for Hispanic marketing firm Lopez Negrete, and Founder of the Hispanic Houston blog.@SandraSays
14. Kathy Penney is a blogger and brand ambassador at penneylane.com.@KathPenney
15. Pamela M. Kramer is a web producer for PMK Unlimited and web content manager for A Renaissance Woman. @PamelaMKramer
16. Juan Alanis is the VP Corporate Communications and Social Media at FleishmanHillard and top Mexican lifestyle blog, JuanOfWords. @JuanOfWords
17. Lauren Fernandez Meihls is the Social Media Manager at Academy Sports.@Cubanalaf
18. Mike McGuff is the source for Houston media happenings, founder of mikemcguff.com, freelance media consultant, and long time Houston media fixture. @mikemcguff
19. Anh Nguyen is the managing principal at Amplified Marketing.@AnhTNguyen
20. Teddy Wilson is a Social Media Coordinator at The Media Consortium.@txindyjourno
21. Kirsten Kiki Oliphant is a writer, blogger, podcaster and social media strategist at KirstenOliphant.com. @kikimojo
22. Sandy Lawrence is the President of Perceptive Marketing, a publishing marketing company. @SandyLawrence
23. Alex Beaton is a Marketing freelancer. @alexbeaton
24. Joëlle Eid is the social media strategist at Signet Interactive. @joelletweeted
25. Kara Singh is a social media manager for Insperity Recruiting. @KaraSingh
See previous lists: