Happy, sad, grateful May 15 through 21
Happy thoughts between May 15th and May 21st
- Happy Dad expressed some immediate interest in my entrepreneurial aspirations for sustainable housing.
- Happy I had such a lovely happy hour with my Dad and coworkers. I especially liked learning about Neja’s estate law adventures.
- “Just wanted to let you know that I miss you very dearly! I hope all is well.” Nothing makes my day more than little shout-outs reminding me I am cared about.
- Happy to start the day off so well with Bike to Work Day festivities. Cafe Bennu + El Chilito + Wheatsville + Mellow Johnny’s + Houndstooth + Jugo all before 9 am!!
- Felt apprehensive about going to Figure 8 after Ellery didn’t like the coffee. But I walked in to the sounds of Rebirth of Slick on the speaker system, signed in to the WiFi to be greeted by a newsletter from David Smart, and settled in to my chai with Passing Me By playing, too. Morning 3 for 3 despite the rain.
- Happy to wake up and take a walk in the fresh air first thing in the morning after sleeping over at Karlee’s.
- Happy to climb with Eric, Peter, Karlee, and Leah. Bonus, we ran into Steph!
- Karlee told me she was impressed with my pull-up abilities. Makes me feel good someone recognizes I am strong.
Sad thoughts between May 15th and May 21st
- Sad our house is in such extreme disarray.
- Sad that eating vegetables isn’t making my my body as invincible as I hoped. Despite walking and biking everywhere, I ran 2.35 miles in 28 minutes. Not good! And to add insult to injury…I am sore!
Grateful thoughts between May 15th and May 21st
- I am grateful to hang with my dd in the Hampton Inn after a delicious meal at Sala and Betty and not needing to feel stressed in the house. Dad is a savior!
- Grateful Dad is ok with making vegetarian options if we split meals. The 888 for the win!
- Grateful that after 14 months at Civic I have the ability to make a lasting impact on the company. Starting with Balance of Systems.
- Grateful I fed myself with healthy food today after being a tad glutenous yesterday.