LESSONS FROM LEGENDS — National Achievers Conference 2017
SPEAKER #1: ROBERT HERJAVEC
“Today we do what others won’t, so that tomorrow we can accomplish what others can’t”
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- When envisioning the end game, think about all the things that could go right!
- In order to get what you want you must define compelling value (Ex. Demonstrate to your boss that he is missing out by not giving you that raise).
- Absorb failure and overcome challenges because if you’re not you’re simply making excuses for failure… And you always will…
- Desire is not enough, you need to have a detailed game/action plan.
5 STEP PROCESS TO SUCCESS
- Understand your current circumstances and DON’T lie to yourself.
- Create a game/action plan, while considering and acknowledging your current situation and envisioning your end game.
- Work hard. Since progress is motivation, create personal indicators every day, week, month.
- Become GREAT at something (mastery) and get really deep into it.
- Have a great purpose.
SPEAKER #2: GARY VAYNERCHUK
“BRING VALUE, BRING VALUE, BRING VALUE, THEN ASK!”
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- Document all content
- 51/49 Rule — Always give more value to the other person, expect nothing in return. Life is simply a game of expectations so limit customers’ expectations initially and surprise them when you over deliver.
- Live by the statement — BRING VALUE, BRING VALUE, BRING VALUE, THEN ASK.
3 PILLARS TO SUCCESS
- Self-Awareness — Accept who you are, you’ll always have haters and lovers so embrace two sides of the coin.
- Hustle — Work ethic has to match the level of ambition. If you’re a millennial understand it’s a marathon, not a sprint. “So shut up and find a good coach/mentor and listen”.
- Empathy — If you’re a leader you need to always be grateful and understand you work for your employees, not the other way around. Value each employee and don’t judge, if you work 100 hours a week doesn’t mean they will.
SPEAKER #3: TONY ROBBINS
“Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible”
KEY LEARNING POINTS
- What makes the difference in the quality of people’s lives? Ability to harness the power of decision
- What is the single factor that shapes and controls our destiny? Ability to harness the power of decision
- Optimal performers are able to reach Peak State (a.k.a Flow or Maslow’s B-Cognition, whatever you want to call it) more often than others.
STATE + ACTIONS = RESULTS
- So how do we change our state? Our state is influenced by our thought life, what we are focusing on at any point of time.
- Priming — in order to alter your state change your biochemistry (Ex. Go for a run, walk, etc.). Find those triggers that work for yourself.
THE 3 DECISIONS
- Decision is the Ultimate Power — there are three core decisions each of us makes every moment that determine the quality of our lives:
- What Should I Focus On?
- Do you tend to focus on what you can control or what you can’t control?
- Do you tend to focus on what you have or what’s missing?
- Do you tend to focus more on the past, present, or future?
2. What Does Something Mean?
- What questions do you constantly ask yourself over and over again? Because the quality of questions can determine the quality of life.
3. What Should I Do?
- Follow your spiritual (inner) & outer purpose. Use it as a compass as you react.
THE 2 MASTER LESSONS
- The Science of Achievement: the ability to produce results; to take anything you envision and make it real.
- The Art of Fulfilment: the ability to feel happiness and joy in the process; to delight in the experience of life.
THE 3 MANDATES OF LEADERSHIP
- See it as it is, not worse than it is.
- Leaders wake people up to the reality of the situation. They get people to see what’s really going on, not how it’s been programmed and conditioned in their minds. Leaders know it’s not about being positive; it’s about being smart.
2. See it better than it is.
- Create a vision beyond the moment, no matter how tough the moment is. The people who are successful see something that no one else sees and take advantage of it. Design a vision of what it could be, and create a compelling future, something that people can look forward to.
3. Make it the way you see it.
- Come up with a strategy and make a consistent effort to make things the way you see it. Find a way — no matter what anyone says can be done. Adapt, change, add value, and get flexible.
3 FORCES OF CREATION
- Focus — the power of absolute clarity & commitment a.k.a obsession.
- Massive Action — Effective execution. Model someone who has already achieved what you want.
- Grace — Be grateful. 1/trillions odds of becoming a human being so we’re quite lucky.
3 THINGS THAT CAUSE SUFFERING
- Loss — I loss…
- Less — I’m less because…
- Never — I’ll never have…
- All of these occur when you’re in your own head or obsess about yourself.
3 THINGS TO END SUFFERING
- Appreciate & Enjoy
- Learn & Grow
- Love, Give, Be Grateful
* If my notes brought any value all I ask in return is that you share this post :)
- Madison Dias